Cateye Wireless Strada or ?

RS

Guest
I'm going to break down and finally buy a bike computer. I don't need
cadence just something basic. What else is worth looking at besides the
Cateye Strada? thanks.

I'm using a Vetta RT88 and it is fairly good. I really like the Planet Bike
computers but their Wireless sending unit is a bit on the large and bulky
side. If you don't mind a wire look at a Planet Bike 9.0.

news:[email protected]...

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 12:48:08 -0700, RS <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm going to break down and finally buy a bike computer. I don't need
>cadence just something basic. What else is worth looking at besides the
>Cateye Strada? thanks.

Dear RS,

WalMart and similar stores sell two-button inexpensive wired and
wireless cyclocomputers with all the basic functions--current speed,
total distance, trip distance, max speed, average speed, time of day,
trip time, mph or km/h, roll-out adjustable from 2124 mm.

The ~$10 wired has worked fine for me for a couple of years. I like
the trip odometer that reads in thousandths of a mile.

I'd be surprised if the ~$20 wireless didn't work just as well.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 12:48:08 -0700, RS <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm going to break down and finally buy a bike computer. I don't need
>cadence just something basic. What else is worth looking at besides the
>Cateye Strada? thanks.

Beware the Cat-Eye. I don't know how the Strada is, but the
Micro I recently got comes with wordless instructions; all pictures
and symbols. I have yet to set the damn thing up, but all the
hieroglyphics look virtually incomprehensible. If I had known about
this in advance, I never would have made this purchase at all.

On Jun 9, 1:48 pm, RS <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm going to break down and finally buy a bike computer.  I don't need
> cadence just something basic.  What else is worth looking at besides the
> Cateye Strada?  thanks.

We sell many Strada wired and wireless, Simple, works well, keen no
button design. Nice computer.

On Jun 9, 8:12 pm, Snortley <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 12:48:08 -0700, RS <[email protected]> wrote:
> >I'm going to break down and finally buy a bike computer.  I don't need
> >cadence just something basic.  What else is worth looking at besides the
> >Cateye Strada?  thanks.

>         Beware the Cat-Eye. I don't know how the Strada is, but the
> Micro I recently got comes with wordless instructions; all pictures
> and symbols. I have yet to set the damn thing up, but all the
> hieroglyphics look virtually incomprehensible. If I had known about
> this in advance, I never would have made this purchase at all.

Go on line for worded instructions but the Micro we have sold had
worded instructions. Did yours come in a labeled box of plastic OEM
type bag?

On Jun 10, 1:11 pm, Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Jun 9, 1:48 pm, RS <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I'm going to break down and finally buy a bike computer. I don't need
> > cadence just something basic. What else is worth looking at besides the
> > Cateye Strada? thanks.

> We sell many Strada wired and wireless, Simple, works well, keen no
> button design. Nice computer.

Agreed, really simple, small and works great.
The only thing about it that annoys me is that when you stop, the
"elapsed time" counter stops a couple of minutes later.
It does start up again when you start again, but it's really a measure
of "riding time" rather than a stop watch, and this throws out the
avg. speed too.
It's not a huge problem or anything, but I'd prefer if it worked the
other way, with an explicit "start" and "stop" button.

Regards,

bookieb.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

wrote:

>>I'm going to break down and finally buy a bike computer. I don't need
>>cadence just something basic. What else is worth looking at besides the
>>Cateye Strada? thanks.

>Dear RS,
>
>WalMart and similar stores sell two-button inexpensive wired and
>wireless cyclocomputers with all the basic functions--current speed,
>total distance, trip distance, max speed, average speed, time of day,
>trip time, mph or km/h, roll-out adjustable from 2124 mm.
>
>The ~$10 wired has worked fine for me for a couple of years. I like
>the trip odometer that reads in thousandths of a mile.
>
>I'd be surprised if the ~$20 wireless didn't work just as well.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Carl Fogel

Hmm, Walmart and $10. That may work for me and I'll check it out, thanks.