Catherization, is it dangerous?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Mercury, Nov 22, 2003.

  1. Mercury

    Mercury Guest

    Is it dangerous? What are the risks?

    Tags:

  2. Mercury wrote:

    > Is it dangerous?

    As far as invasive procedures go, relative speaking, no.

    > What are the risks?

    Allergic reaction to contrast, bleeding, infection, stroke, heart
    attack, kidney failure, pseudoaneurysm, death.

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  3. Mercury

    Mercury Guest

    Thanks.
    These risks seem severe. What are their probalitiy of happening? Successful
    procedure without any problems?

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Mercury wrote:
    >
    > > Is it dangerous?

    > As far as invasive procedures go, relative speaking, no.
    >
    > > What are the risks?

    > Allergic reaction to contrast, bleeding, infection, stroke, heart
    > attack, kidney failure, pseudoaneurysm, death.
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    > Board-Certified Cardiologist
    > http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  4. Typically less than half a percent.

    Humbly,

    Andrew

    --

    "Mercury" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thanks.
    > These risks seem severe. What are their probalitiy of happening? Successful
    > procedure without any problems?
    >

    > "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Mercury wrote:
    > >
    > > > Is it dangerous?

    > > As far as invasive procedures go, relative speaking, no.
    > >
    > > > What are the risks?

    > > Allergic reaction to contrast, bleeding, infection, stroke, heart
    > > attack, kidney failure, pseudoaneurysm, death.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    > > Board-Certified Cardiologist
    > > http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  5. Don

    Don Guest

    I had a pseudoaneurysm after I got home. Had to go back to the hospital and
    have a vascular surgeon repair the artery. Charges were in excess of $5,000
    for the repair.

    Don

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Mercury wrote:
    >
    > > Is it dangerous?

    > As far as invasive procedures go, relative speaking, no.
    >
    > > What are the risks?

    > Allergic reaction to contrast, bleeding, infection, stroke, heart
    > attack, kidney failure, pseudoaneurysm, death.
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    > Board-Certified Cardiologist
    > http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  6. Don

    Don Guest

    I had a pseudoaneurysm after I got home. Had to go to our local hospital
    and
    have a vascular surgeon repair the artery. Charges were in excess of $5,000
    for the repair.

    Don

    "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Mercury wrote:
    >
    > > Is it dangerous?

    > As far as invasive procedures go, relative speaking, no.
    >
    > > What are the risks?

    > Allergic reaction to contrast, bleeding, infection, stroke, heart
    > attack, kidney failure, pseudoaneurysm, death.
    >
    > --
    > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    > Board-Certified Cardiologist
    > http://www.heartmdphd.com/

  7. Sorry about your bad experience with the test :-(

    Humbly,

    Andrew