Catherization, is it dangerous?

Mercury wrote:

> Is it dangerous?

As far as invasive procedures go, relative speaking, no.

> What are the risks?

Allergic reaction to contrast, bleeding, infection, stroke, heart
attack, kidney failure, pseudoaneurysm, death.

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist

Thanks.
These risks seem severe. What are their probalitiy of happening? Successful
procedure without any problems?

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mercury wrote:
>
> > Is it dangerous?

> As far as invasive procedures go, relative speaking, no.
>
> > What are the risks?

> Allergic reaction to contrast, bleeding, infection, stroke, heart
> attack, kidney failure, pseudoaneurysm, death.
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> Board-Certified Cardiologist
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/

Typically less than half a percent.

Humbly,

Andrew

--

"Mercury" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Thanks.
> These risks seem severe. What are their probalitiy of happening? Successful
> procedure without any problems?
>

> "Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Mercury wrote:
> >
> > > Is it dangerous?

> > As far as invasive procedures go, relative speaking, no.
> >
> > > What are the risks?

> > Allergic reaction to contrast, bleeding, infection, stroke, heart
> > attack, kidney failure, pseudoaneurysm, death.
> >
> > --
> > Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> > Board-Certified Cardiologist
> > http://www.heartmdphd.com/

I had a pseudoaneurysm after I got home. Had to go back to the hospital and
have a vascular surgeon repair the artery. Charges were in excess of $5,000
for the repair.

Don

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mercury wrote:
>
> > Is it dangerous?

> As far as invasive procedures go, relative speaking, no.
>
> > What are the risks?

> Allergic reaction to contrast, bleeding, infection, stroke, heart
> attack, kidney failure, pseudoaneurysm, death.
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> Board-Certified Cardiologist
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/

I had a pseudoaneurysm after I got home. Had to go to our local hospital
and
have a vascular surgeon repair the artery. Charges were in excess of $5,000
for the repair.

Don

"Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mercury wrote:
>
> > Is it dangerous?

> As far as invasive procedures go, relative speaking, no.
>
> > What are the risks?

> Allergic reaction to contrast, bleeding, infection, stroke, heart
> attack, kidney failure, pseudoaneurysm, death.
>
> --
> Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
> Board-Certified Cardiologist
> http://www.heartmdphd.com/

Sorry about your bad experience with the test :-(

Humbly,

Andrew