Catherization Pictures on CD-ROM

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Gil, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Gil

    Gil Guest

    I have recently recieved from the Cath.Lab of the catherization of my
    heart on a CD-ROM as follows
    D:\Dicom01of01\Jpeg14\Xa00001 file(s). This particular one is 7,998kb big.

    I was told by the technician I could be able to view them on my PC with
    proper graphic tools. However, I am unable to do so.

    Is there any technician here can help me? I have Pinnical Studio 8 on
    my PC and when I rename that file Xa00001 to Xa00001.jpg, I could see
    the thumb size picture in the Sudio 8 program, but it is unable to open
    the graphic to a full size picture.

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    Gil

    Tags:

  2. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Gil" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > I have recently recieved from the Cath.Lab of the catherization of my
    > heart on a CD-ROM as follows
    > D:\Dicom01of01\Jpeg14\Xa00001 file(s). This particular one is 7,998kb big.
    >
    > I was told by the technician I could be able to view them on my PC with
    > proper graphic tools. However, I am unable to do so.
    >
    > Is there any technician here can help me? I have Pinnical Studio 8 on
    > my PC and when I rename that file Xa00001 to Xa00001.jpg, I could see
    > the thumb size picture in the Sudio 8 program, but it is unable to open
    > the graphic to a full size picture.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Gil

    Have you tried right clicking on the file and getting a choice of "open with".
    Then see if any of the choices can handle it.

    Bill

  3. Gil <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have recently recieved from the Cath.Lab of the catherization of my
    > heart on a CD-ROM as follows
    > D:\Dicom01of01\Jpeg14\Xa00001 file(s). This particular one is 7,998kb big.
    >
    > I was told by the technician I could be able to view them on my PC with
    > proper graphic tools. However, I am unable to do so.
    >
    > Is there any technician here can help me? I have Pinnical Studio 8 on
    > my PC and when I rename that file Xa00001 to Xa00001.jpg, I could see
    > the thumb size picture in the Sudio 8 program, but it is unable to open
    > the graphic to a full size picture.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.

    The following should help you:

    http://www.psychology.nottingham.ac.uk/staff/cr1/dicom.html#links

    Regards,

    Andrew
    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  4. Gil

    Gil Guest

    Thank you Dr. Andrew. I was able to download EZDICOM program and now
    were able to view the files and save them as Jpeg files for my boss. He
    is quite happy now. Again thank you for the link!

    Gil

  5. Gil wrote:

    > Thank you Dr. Andrew. I was able to download EZDICOM program and now
    > were able to view the files and save them as Jpeg files for my boss. He
    > is quite happy now. Again thank you for the link!

    Glad to be helpful :)

    Regards,

    Andrew