Catrike Speed: I am think of buying one.

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Peter M Spirito, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. I ride an EZ-1 SC-lite. My wife wants a Catrike Speed. We like the way it looks, we have both ridden
    one around a parking lot.

    What is anyones experience with the Catrike Speed. Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    Peter M Spirito wrote:
    > I ride an EZ-1 SC-lite. My wife wants a Catrike Speed. We like the way it looks, we have both
    > ridden one around a parking lot.
    >
    > What is anyones experience with the Catrike Speed. Thanks

    I've had one since August. In my experience, it is extremely stable at speed - I've taken my
    hands off the grips on downhills above 35 mph - only briefly, of course, but there was no
    movement away from just plain straight. It is comfortable, though some people might find the 38
    degrees of recline to be more than they like - if so, take a look at the new Catrike, the Trail.
    The Speed is one of the lighter trikes around, which makes it much easier to put into the back of
    my van, not to mention putting on top of it - that's where it slept this past weekend while I
    "camped" in the back of the van at the Hilly Hundred in Indiana. I like the Speed, a lot. And it
    doesn't hurt a bit that I like the way it looks, too.

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

  3. [email protected] (Peter M Spirito) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I ride an EZ-1 SC-lite. My wife wants a Catrike Speed. We like the way it looks, we have both
    > ridden one around a parking lot.
    >
    > What is anyones experience with the Catrike Speed. Thanks

    Quite obviously; the cats meow!!! (couldn't resist!) I have 4 trikes, and 3 of them are gathering
    dust. My faired Speed is great for me. People are well intentioned and say this or that trike is
    junk- not for me. I was a jump ahead this year since nobody had seen the trike. Too low? Too
    reclined> NAH! The Catrike Speed was immediately my favorite!

    It does jump off the ground for me with sharp panic braking, but I am adjusting to that myself.
    Great surprise fun when I am not expecting that- a heck of a lot more fun than an amusement park
    ride (Santa Cruz Beach & Boardwalk ain't got nuthin' on me...;-) )

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  4. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Christopher Jordan must be edykated coz e writed:

    > [email protected] (Peter M Spirito) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> I ride an EZ-1 SC-lite. My wife wants a Catrike Speed. We like the way it looks, we have both
    >> ridden one around a parking lot.
    >>
    >> What is anyones experience with the Catrike Speed. Thanks
    >
    > Quite obviously; the cats meow!!! (couldn't resist!) I have 4 trikes, and 3 of them are gathering
    > dust. My faired Speed is great for me. People are well intentioned and say this or that trike is
    > junk- not for me. I was a jump ahead this year since nobody had seen the trike. Too low? Too
    > reclined> NAH! The Catrike Speed was immediately my favorite!
    >
    > It does jump off the ground for me with sharp panic braking, but I am adjusting to that myself.
    > Great surprise fun when I am not expecting that- a heck of a lot more fun than an amusement park
    > ride (Santa Cruz Beach & Boardwalk ain't got nuthin' on me...;-) )
    >
    > Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.
    Chris,

    Which fairing are you using?

    --