Catrike Speed: I am think of buying one.

Peter M Spirito

Guest
I ride an EZ-1 SC-lite. My wife wants a Catrike Speed. We like the way it looks, we have both ridden
one around a parking lot.

What is anyones experience with the Catrike Speed. Thanks

Peter M Spirito wrote:
> I ride an EZ-1 SC-lite. My wife wants a Catrike Speed. We like the way it looks, we have both
> ridden one around a parking lot.
>
> What is anyones experience with the Catrike Speed. Thanks

I've had one since August. In my experience, it is extremely stable at speed - I've taken my
hands off the grips on downhills above 35 mph - only briefly, of course, but there was no
movement away from just plain straight. It is comfortable, though some people might find the 38
degrees of recline to be more than they like - if so, take a look at the new Catrike, the Trail.
The Speed is one of the lighter trikes around, which makes it much easier to put into the back of
my van, not to mention putting on top of it - that's where it slept this past weekend while I
"camped" in the back of the van at the Hilly Hundred in Indiana. I like the Speed, a lot. And it
doesn't hurt a bit that I like the way it looks, too.

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

[email protected] (Peter M Spirito) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I ride an EZ-1 SC-lite. My wife wants a Catrike Speed. We like the way it looks, we have both
> ridden one around a parking lot.
>
> What is anyones experience with the Catrike Speed. Thanks

Quite obviously; the cats meow!!! (couldn't resist!) I have 4 trikes, and 3 of them are gathering
dust. My faired Speed is great for me. People are well intentioned and say this or that trike is
junk- not for me. I was a jump ahead this year since nobody had seen the trike. Too low? Too
reclined> NAH! The Catrike Speed was immediately my favorite!

It does jump off the ground for me with sharp panic braking, but I am adjusting to that myself.
Great surprise fun when I am not expecting that- a heck of a lot more fun than an amusement park
ride (Santa Cruz Beach & Boardwalk ain't got nuthin' on me...;-) )

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

Christopher Jordan must be edykated coz e writed:

> [email protected] (Peter M Spirito) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> I ride an EZ-1 SC-lite. My wife wants a Catrike Speed. We like the way it looks, we have both
>> ridden one around a parking lot.
>>
>> What is anyones experience with the Catrike Speed. Thanks
>
> Quite obviously; the cats meow!!! (couldn't resist!) I have 4 trikes, and 3 of them are gathering
> dust. My faired Speed is great for me. People are well intentioned and say this or that trike is
> junk- not for me. I was a jump ahead this year since nobody had seen the trike. Too low? Too
> reclined> NAH! The Catrike Speed was immediately my favorite!
>
> It does jump off the ground for me with sharp panic braking, but I am adjusting to that myself.
> Great surprise fun when I am not expecting that- a heck of a lot more fun than an amusement park
> ride (Santa Cruz Beach & Boardwalk ain't got nuthin' on me...;-) )
>
> Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.
Chris,

Which fairing are you using?

--