cats in berzerkley? meow

Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 15:50:11 -0800, "Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I saw this guy slamming a cat into a stone wall.

Was the cat named "Bob"?

> Kind of like in the Monty Python's Holy Grail?
>
> ....but there someone was whacking a cat against a carpet to clean it or something.

No you silly sod, it was the scene called "Plague Village" and it was the old hag who sold the
shrubbery for the Knights Who Say Ni. She was slamming it against the stone wall of a house,
not a carpet.

JD

Stephen Baker wrote:
> Peter F says:
>

>>How would carrying corn help?
>

> You'd be amaized!

aMAIZEd, corn.... huh huh, huh huh good one

On 2 Feb 2003 13:48:38 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:

>No you silly sod, it was the scene called "Plague Village" and it was the old hag who sold the
>shrubbery for the Knights Who Say Ni. She was slamming it against the stone wall of a house, not
>a carpet.
>
>JD
Of course you know I will verify this. You must have it on DVD. I'll have to bust out the VHS
on this one.

:-]

news:eek:[email protected]...
> On 2 Feb 2003 13:48:38 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
>

> >No you silly sod, it was the scene called "Plague Village" and it was the old hag who sold the
> >shrubbery for the Knights Who Say Ni. She was slamming it against the stone wall of a house, not
> >a carpet.
> >
> >JD
> Of course you know I will verify this. You must have it on DVD. I'll have to bust out the VHS on
> this one.
>

> Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
> mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

I have it on DVD, my son's favorite movie. JD is correct. "Oh, what times are these when knight's
say nee to defenseless old women."
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 00:15:23 GMT, "Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:eek:[email protected]...
>> On 2 Feb 2003 13:48:38 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
>>

>> >No you silly sod, it was the scene called "Plague Village" and it was the old hag who sold the
>> >shrubbery for the Knights Who Say Ni. She was slamming it against the stone wall of a house, not
>> >a carpet.
>> >
>> >JD
>> Of course you know I will verify this. You must have it on DVD. I'll have to bust out the VHS on
>> this one.
>>

>> Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
>> mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
>> :-]
>
>I have it on DVD, my son's favorite movie. JD is correct. "Oh, what times are these when knight's
>say nee to defenseless old women."

Funniest movie I've ever seen! The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a
reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of
the world.
:-]

"Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Rwi%[email protected]...
> "Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:eek:[email protected]...
> > On 2 Feb 2003 13:48:38 -0800, [email protected] (JD) wrote:
> >

> > >No you silly sod, it was the scene called "Plague Village" and it was the old hag who sold the
> > >shrubbery for the Knights Who Say Ni. She was slamming it against the stone wall of a house,
> > >not a carpet.
> > >
> > >JD
> > Of course you know I will verify this. You must have it on DVD. I'll have to bust out the VHS on
> > this one.
> >

> > Peace, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the
> > mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> > :-]
>
> I have it on DVD, my son's favorite movie. JD is correct. "Oh, what times are these when knight's
> say nee to defenseless old women."
> --
> Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

err, no. it's "Oh what dark times are these when roving bands of ruffians say nee to defenseless
old women"

and the ol lady didn't sell the shrubbery, Arthur was merely inquiring on where he could find such a
shrubbery, and along comes Eric Idle as Harold the Shrubber, he sold Arthur the shrubbery for the
Knights who say nee....

Dave (now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!)

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> err, no. it's "Oh what dark times are these when roving bands of ruffians say nee to defenseless
> old women"
>
> and the ol lady didn't sell the shrubbery, Arthur was merely inquiring on where he could find such
> a shrubbery, and along comes Eric Idle as Harold the Shrubber, he sold Arthur the shrubbery for
> the Knights who say nee....
>

> Dave (now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!)

I believe you are almost correct Dave, apparently we are all doing this from memory. A couple of
minor mistakes (I did go and look at the scene), and one bigger on. Roger, not Harold, is the name
of the "designer and arranger of shubbery".

Don't we have something else to do?
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

"Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:ZKu%[email protected]...
> "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > err, no. it's "Oh what dark times are these when roving bands of
ruffians
> > say nee to defenseless old women"
> >
> > and the ol lady didn't sell the shrubbery, Arthur was merely inquiring
on
> > where he could find such a shrubbery, and along comes Eric Idle as
Harold
> > the Shrubber, he sold Arthur the shrubbery for the Knights who say
nee....

> > Dave (now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!)
> >
> I believe you are almost correct Dave, apparently we are all doing this
from
> memory. A couple of minor mistakes (I did go and look at the scene), and
one
> bigger on. Roger, not Harold, is the name of the "designer and arranger of shubbery".
>
> Don't we have something else to do?
> --
> Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Absolutely correct. Totally by memory. And I'd of swore it was Harold. Ah, well. That is my absolute
favorite movie of all time!

And it does appear we have nothing better to do huh? oh well. A ride is definitely in order.....

Dave

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Gnk%[email protected]...

| "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:gZd%[email protected]...
| | <[email protected]> wrote in message
| | news:[email protected]...
| | | Maybe you should carry Maze or Peper spray. Maybe he
was
| | | on drugs.
| |
| | How would carrying corn help?
| |
| |
| | --
| | Pete Fagerlin
| |
| That would be Maize, wouldnt it?

No **** Sherlock, what was your first clue?

Quick! Duck! Something (once again) just flew over your head!

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

Craig Brossman wrote:

> Don't we have something else to do?

No, not really.

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

| "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:Gnk%[email protected]...
| |
| | "Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| | news:gZd%[email protected]...
| | | <[email protected]> wrote in message
| | | news:[email protected]...
| was
| | |
| | | How would carrying corn help?
| | |
| | |
| | | --
| | | Pete Fagerlin
| | |
| | That would be Maize, wouldnt it?
|
| No **** Sherlock, what was your first clue?
|
| Quick! Duck! Something (once again) just flew over your head!
|
| --
| Pete Fagerlin
|
| Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

Hands pete the tin snips