cats in berzerkley? meow

Paul Macintyre

Guest
I was riding home from Tilden Park through Berkley early this morning. When came around a corner on
to Thousand Oaks I saw this guy slamming a cat into a stone wall. By the time what he was doing
registered he did it again. Without really thinking I stopped my bike and yelled - what the f*ck are
you doing. He dropped the cat and charges at me screaming. I'm blown away and not a little scared so
I pick up my bike and hold it between us and yell at him to back off. He keeps coming so I whack him
with the bike which backs him off some. At this point all I want to do is get away from him but I'm
afraid to turn my back or get on my bike. So I'm yelling at him and walking backwards down the hill
holding the bike between us. He keeps coming so I whack him with the bike again. Meanwhile all the
racket has woken the neighborhood and people are yelling at us to shut up and separate. I'm yelling
for them to call the police as I keep fending him off with the bike. Finally he stops coming at me
and I'm able to ride around the corner and call the cops on my cell. I gave the cops his description
but they weren't able to find him. I don't know what his deal was- angry, crazy or both. I don't
know what happened to the cat. As usual in retrospect I think of all the ways I could of handled
this better but I'm really glad to get away unscathed. This is possibly the most bizarre thing to
happen to me in the last ten years.

Paul

Paul MacIntyre wrote:
> I was riding home from Tilden Park through Berkley early this morning. When came around a
> corner on to Thousand Oaks I saw this guy slamming a cat into a stone wall. By the time what
> he was doing registered he did it again. Without really thinking I stopped my bike and yelled
> - what the f*ck are you doing. He dropped the cat and charges at me screaming. I'm blown away
> and not a little scared so I pick up my bike and hold it between us and yell at him to back
> off. He keeps coming so I whack him with the bike which backs him off some. At this point all
> I want to do is get away from him but I'm afraid to turn my back or get on my bike. So I'm
> yelling at him and walking backwards down the hill holding the bike between us. He keeps
> coming so I whack him with the bike again. Meanwhile all the racket has woken the neighborhood
> and people are yelling at us to shut up and separate. I'm yelling for them to call the police
> as I keep fending him off with the bike. Finally he stops coming at me and I'm able to ride
> around the corner and call the cops on my cell. I gave the cops his description but they
> weren't able to find him. I don't know what his deal was- angry, crazy or both. I don't know
> what happened to the cat. As usual in retrospect I think of all the ways I could of handled
> this better but I'm really glad to get away unscathed. This is possibly the most bizarre thing
> to happen to me in the last ten years.
>
> Paul

was his name Mike?

(sorry I couldn't help it even tho it's a really awful scary story....)

"Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| I was riding home from Tilden Park through Berkley early this morning. When came around a
| corner on to Thousand Oaks I saw this guy slamming a
cat
| into a stone wall. By the time what he was doing registered he did it
again.
| Without really thinking I stopped my bike and yelled - what the f*ck are
you
| doing. He dropped the cat and charges at me screaming. I'm blown away
and
| not a little scared so I pick up my bike and hold it between us and yell
at
| him to back off. He keeps coming so I whack him with the bike which backs him off some. At this
| point all I want to do is get away from him but I'm afraid to turn my back or get on my bike. So
| I'm yelling at him and walking
backwards
| down the hill holding the bike between us. He keeps coming so I whack him with the bike again.
| Meanwhile all the racket has woken the neighborhood and people are yelling at us to shut up and
| separate. I'm yelling for
them
| to call the police as I keep fending him off with the bike. Finally he stops coming at me and I'm
| able to ride around the corner and call the cops on my cell. I gave the cops his description but
| they weren't able to find him. I don't know what his deal was- angry, crazy or both. I don't know
| what happened to the cat. As usual in retrospect I
think
| of all the ways I could of handled this better but I'm really glad to get away unscathed. This is
| possibly the most bizarre thing to happen to me
in
| the last ten years.
|
| Paul

WTF WTF!??

Paul, wish I'd have been there with you. Was this guy looking like he was high or something? Tilden
is a nice area but gets its occasional nutbags.

That's too bad. Errrg. Grrrr.

Care to describe him? I ride the area frequently... it would be nice to know what he looks like if I
come around a corner with him right there. Who knows what a freak like that would do.

--
FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
--

"Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| I was riding home from Tilden Park through Berkley early this
morning.
| When came around a corner on to Thousand Oaks I saw this guy slamming a
cat
| into a stone wall.

| I don't know what his deal was- angry, crazy or both.

Cats can be quite tough, especially if they are old, or free range, cats.

I suspect he was trying to tenderize it a bit but picked a very strange way to do it.

Meow.

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

"Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... <snip scary story>
. This is possibly the most bizarre thing to happen to me in
| the last ten years.
|
| Paul

Just glad to hear you are okay and unscathed, more importantly was the bike okay?

Simon.......refrained from the mike subject, something about bandwidth waste :eek:)

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 15:50:11 -0800, "Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I saw this guy slamming a cat into a stone wall.

Kind of like in the Monty Python's Holy Grail?

....but there someone was whacking a cat against a carpet to clean it or something.

Too Bizarre,

:-]

| On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 15:50:11 -0800, "Paul MacIntyre" <[email protected]> wrote:
|
| >I saw this guy slamming a cat into a stone wall.
|
| Kind of like in the Monty Python's Holy Grail?
|
| ....but there someone was whacking a cat against a carpet to clean it or something.
|

| Too Bizarre,
|
| Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
| should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
| :-]

Maybe when the guys friends all talked of "spanking the monkey" he took it literally, but could not
find a monkey, and since his friends also talked of getting *****(excuse the obvious crassness) he
took his own initiative and spanked the *****.

Simon....late and tired!

> Was this guy looking like he was high or something? Tilden is a nice area but gets its occasional
> nutbags.

Are you implying that stoners are insane and also nutbags??

Small Black Dog

"Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Was this guy looking like he was high or something? Tilden is a nice area but gets its
> > occasional
nutbags.

> Are you implying that stoners are insane and also nutbags??
>
> Small Black Dog

I think he meant high on a hallucinagen. Otherwise the psycho would have been eating the cat because
he had the munchies.

> I was riding home from Tilden Park through Berkley early this morning. When came around a
> corner on to Thousand Oaks I saw this guy slamming a
cat
> into a stone wall. By the time what he was doing registered he did it
again.
> Without really thinking I stopped my bike and yelled - what the f*ck are
you
> doing. He dropped the cat and charges at me screaming.

Thanks for doing what you could to stop that asshole. People never cease to amaze me.

----------
In article <[email protected]>, "FlyingCoyote"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> WTF WTF!??
>
> Paul, wish I'd have been there with you. Was this guy looking like he was high or something?
> Tilden is a nice area but gets its occasional nutbags.

Believe me back up would have been welcome.

> That's too bad. Errrg. Grrrr.
>
> Care to describe him? I ride the area frequently... it would be nice to know what he looks like if
> I come around a corner with him right there. Who knows what a freak like that would do.
>
> --
> FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
> --

This happened well down the hill in town not in the park. Any description I could give would so
generic as to be useless.

Paul

>Maybe when the guys friends all talked of "spanking the monkey" he took it literally, but could not
>find a monkey, and since his friends also talked of getting *****(excuse the obvious crassness) he
>took his own initiative and spanked the *****.
>
>Simon....late and tired!

I had some friend that played in a band called Monkey Spank.

Go to bed Simon...get some rest,

Bill

:-]

----------
In article <zWZ_9.85$K%[email protected]>, "Pete Fagerlin"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Cats can be quite tough, especially if they are old, or free range, cats.
>
> I suspect he was trying to tenderize it a bit but picked a very strange way to do it.
>
> Meow.

It was probably someone's pet. If it was a feral cat it wouldn't have needed a big wimp like me
to defend it, it would have been slamming the
psycho's head against the wall.

Paul

He was trying to create a habitat that is off-limits to *****-cats.

"Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| > Was this guy looking like he was high or something? Tilden is a nice area but gets its
| > occasional
nutbags.

| Are you implying that stoners are insane and also nutbags??
|
| Small Black Dog

Depends on what they're stoned on I s'pose. Why? Do you take personal offense to that? ;)

--
FlyingCoyote http://www.boarsgut.com
--

Maybe you should carry Maze or Peper spray. Maybe he was on drugs.

Fire up MTB 03

Critic wrote:
>> Paul MacIntyre wrote:

I don't know what happened to
>>> the cat. As usual in retrospect I think of all the ways I could of handled this better but I'm
>>> really glad to get away unscathed. This is possibly the most bizarre thing to happen to me in
>>> the last ten years.
>>>
>>> Paul
>>
>> was his name Mike?
>>

> He was trying to create a habitat that is off-limits to *****-cats.

The truth is his cat got run over some time ago.

For Paul... that is so traumatic! I think I would have been scared sh**less.

penny

FlyingCoyote wrote:
> "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>> Was this guy looking like he was high or something? Tilden is a nice area but gets its
>>> occasional nutbags.
>>
>> Are you implying that stoners are insane and also nutbags??
>>
>> Small Black Dog
>>

> Depends on what they're stoned on I s'pose. Why? Do you take personal offense to that? ;)

It's obvious he IS taking it personally....

penny

In article <[email protected]>, "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote:

The truth is his cat got run over some time ago.

> For Paul... that is so traumatic! I think I would have been scared sh**less.
>
> penny

Penny you're right! I've been traumatized by a street crime. I see years of therapy and bicycle
repairs in the future, all paid for by the State. Not to forget Disability, I can't be expected
to work now.

Paul- PTS