Caught speeding vs. Red means stop fitzroy boy

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> take out a class-action against them (including the other rider that 4 gutless GM riders assaulted
> on B Rd last year putting him in hospital!!!)

What is "GM" and what's the deal with this assault story? I never heard of anyone getting put in
hospital...

hippy

"cfsmtb" <spam@spameggs&spam.com.vic> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just a question, how many people out there, are aware of the self regulating code of conduct that
> was developed last year?

Either Cyclesport Victoria, Blackburn Cycling Club or BV (in the Around the Bay package??) sent this
out last year - I can't remember which though. Seemed reasonable to me - it was mostly what I do
anyway for "respect" and safety.

> Article from The Age, "Lycra rules, OK?"
> http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/06/1070625586097.html
>
> PDF: http://www.bikenow.com.au/tac/documents/coc.pdf

hippy

Originally posted by flyingdutch
I realise this is slightly off topic, but the subject of GM brought this top mind...

imho FM riders are (and I readily admit to broadwiping stereotypes here, so to those 'good' FM riders, my apologies)
a bloody nuisance.
Along beach road they pass, elbow, brake, dont signal potholes, and basically dont give a stuff about anyone else. way too much thinking with one part of the anatomy, and not the other...
I realise that there are quite a few really top-notch riders amongst these guys (the first guy i saw come dwon off falls during the alpine classic a few weeks back was a GM rider) but that doesnt give them an exemption from courtesy to other riders or traffic lights, etc

If FM are going to let morons like this ride around wearing their jerseys perhaps they might consider having a 'chat' to their regular ride group members that what they do reflects on their business and also makes them identifiable.
I was discussing the vagueries(?) with a rello who's a cop in Prahran and apparently they have recieved approx 50 complaints over the last 6 months (that's a record in the entire Oz police force he said, seconded only by the HELL group) and are going to be shortly submitting a legal 'request' for FM to either cease organising/encuraging such behaviour or if worst comes to worst simply take out a class-action against them (including the other rider that 4 gutless GM riders assaulted on B Rd last year putting him in hospital!!!)

who are FM riders??

prolly Freedom Machine

I cant think of anyone else that has those initials

"byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> flyingdutch wrote:
> > I realise this is slightly off topic, but the subject of GM brought
this
> > top mind... imho FM riders are (and I readily admit to broadwiping stereotypes
here,
> > so to those 'good' FM riders, my apologies) a bloody nuisance. Along beach road they pass,
> > elbow, brake, dont signal potholes, and
basically
> > dont give a stuff about anyone else. way too much thinking with one
part
> > of the anatomy, and not the other... I realise that there are quite a few really top-notch
> > riders amongst these guys (the first guy i saw
come
> > dwon off falls during the alpine classic a few weeks back was a GM rider) but that doesnt give
> > them an exemption from courtesy to other riders or traffic lights, etc If FM are going to let
> > morons like this ride around wearing their jerseys perhaps they might consider having a 'chat'
> > to their regular ride group members that what they do reflects on their business and
also
> > makes them identifiable. I was discussing the vagueries(?) with a
rello
> > who's a cop in Prahran and apparently they have recieved approx 50 complaints over the last 6
> > months (that's a record in the entire Oz police force he said, seconded only by the HELL
> > group) and are going
> > be shortly submitting a legal 'request' for FM to either cease organising/encuraging such
> > behaviour or if worst comes to worst simply take out a class-action against them (including
> > the other rider that 4 gutless GM riders assaulted on B Rd last year putting him in
> > hospital!!!)
>

> who are FM riders??
>

> --

cfsmtb <spam@spameggs&spam.com.vic> wrote:
> Just a question, how many people out there, are aware of the self regulating code of conduct that
> was developed last year?

> Article from The Age, "Lycra rules, OK?"
> http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/06/1070625586097.html

> PDF: http://www.bikenow.com.au/tac/documents/coc.pdf

> BTW, my rant from yesterday was not a criticism of FM at all, it was primarily directed towards
> the bloke who ignored three red lights.:cool:

Yep. I remember reading it on SKCC's website? or maybe CC?

--
Nick

Apologies for the confusion. Green Machine, it was meant to stand for

The assault in question was on a guy on Beach Road in Brighton last November. Words exchanged (no idea what about), guy pushed off. Mate takes issue and 5 GM guys proceeded to put him in hospital. Sadly this has reflected on the whole GM group and sadly a innocent business is looking down the barrel of deep ****e! Police know the individuals names ( 2nd half of incident caught on video by woman on her balcony across road).
Let's hope this isnt used as more sensationalist hype by the anti-cycling fraternity...