Caught speeding

Hippy:

You got it right. As one can imagine, a route can be a combination of uphills, downhills and flat terrain. Different sections of the route are ridden (cruised if long enough) at different speeds. That's why we usually use average speed as a generally better indicator.

My average speed on the round commute trips lately is 27.1. If I didn't imply that my average speed is high 40's, then there's no need for you to be sarcastic about it.

Cheers,
Amir.

Hippy wrote:
Maybe the poster means high-40's "on that section" of road? If he's cruising around at high 40's on
normal streets and his speedo is calibrated correctly he should be contacting the AIS and asking
when the Olympic squads are being picked!

(snip...)

"amirm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> My average speed on the round commute trips lately is 27.1. If I
didn't
> imply that my average speed is high 40's, then there's no need for you to be sarcastic about it.

You didn't say your average speed was mid-high 40's, you said: "Now that I commute with a roadie, on
the same road, I have reached high 60's , but cruise at mid-high 40's every day".

That makes it sound like you 'meant' your average speed, which is why Rich mentioned the UCI ITT
speeds and suggested you were on a downhill or tailwind assisted section of road.

I was merely pointing out to Ritch that the poster (you?) was probably NOT talking about his
whole trip but a "section" of road and it really could be possible for "mid-high 40's" for "that
section of road".

Basically, I was defending, what you had said a little unclearly and taking the **** for it at the
same time. Sorry if I caused offence.

hippy

No offence was taken, Hippy. This is a trivial matter so let's let it go. :)

Cheers,
Amir.

Originally posted by Hippy