Cavalier and Civic of MTB's?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Rocketman, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Rocketman

    Rocketman Guest

    The Chevy Cavalier and Honda Civic...both near the bottom of the model lines for their respective
    companies. Both are very affordable and very reliable, with lots of happy owners (especially the
    Civic). As a result, they sell very well.

    What are the MTB equivalents to these perennial best-sellers? Here are some guesses:

    Giant Iguana Trek 4500 Specialized Rockhopper Gary Fisher Wahoo

    The Giant Iguana seems like an obvious choice, since it has been a Consumer Reports Best Buy many
    times. What are the best value in the entry-level full-suspension bikes? Which hardtails did I miss?

  2. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Rocketman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]_s51>...
    > The Giant Iguana seems like an obvious choice, since it has been a Consumer Reports Best Buy
    > many times.

    When it comes to bicycles, Consumer Reports has no clue.

    > What are the best value in the entry-level full-suspension bikes?

    No such animal.

    > Which hardtails did I miss?

    Raleigh M80

    JD

  3. Adownhiller

    Adownhiller Guest

    "Rocketman" wrote:
    > The Chevy Cavalier and Honda Civic...both near the bottom of the model lines for their respective
    > companies. Both are very affordable and very reliable, with lots of happy owners (especially the
    > Civic). As a result, they sell very well.

    I have a Civic, a DMR and an Intense. and a very big smile.

  4. Rocketman

    Rocketman Guest

    > "Rocketman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]_s51>...
    > > The Giant Iguana seems like an obvious choice, since it has been a
    Consumer
    > > Reports Best Buy many times.
    >
    > When it comes to bicycles, Consumer Reports has no clue.

    Yeah, but the Iguana is a pretty good bike.

    > > What are the best value in the entry-level full-suspension bikes?
    >
    > No such animal.

    That's kinda what I thought. Maybe the Kona Kikapu? It's more than double what the Giant
    Iguana costs.

    > > Which hardtails did I miss?
    >
    > Raleigh M80

    Good call.