Cavalier and Civic of MTB's?

Rocketman

Guest
The Chevy Cavalier and Honda Civic...both near the bottom of the model lines for their respective
companies. Both are very affordable and very reliable, with lots of happy owners (especially the
Civic). As a result, they sell very well.

What are the MTB equivalents to these perennial best-sellers? Here are some guesses:

Giant Iguana Trek 4500 Specialized Rockhopper Gary Fisher Wahoo

The Giant Iguana seems like an obvious choice, since it has been a Consumer Reports Best Buy many
times. What are the best value in the entry-level full-suspension bikes? Which hardtails did I miss?

"Rocketman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<_JPWb.16291$uV3.36141@attbi_s51>...
> The Giant Iguana seems like an obvious choice, since it has been a Consumer Reports Best Buy
> many times.

When it comes to bicycles, Consumer Reports has no clue.

> What are the best value in the entry-level full-suspension bikes?

No such animal.

> Which hardtails did I miss?

Raleigh M80

JD

"Rocketman" wrote:
> The Chevy Cavalier and Honda Civic...both near the bottom of the model lines for their respective
> companies. Both are very affordable and very reliable, with lots of happy owners (especially the
> Civic). As a result, they sell very well.

I have a Civic, a DMR and an Intense. and a very big smile.

> "Rocketman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > The Giant Iguana seems like an obvious choice, since it has been a
Consumer
> > Reports Best Buy many times.
>
> When it comes to bicycles, Consumer Reports has no clue.

Yeah, but the Iguana is a pretty good bike.

> > What are the best value in the entry-level full-suspension bikes?
>
> No such animal.

That's kinda what I thought. Maybe the Kona Kikapu? It's more than double what the Giant
Iguana costs.

> > Which hardtails did I miss?
>
> Raleigh M80

Good call.