CBC tomorrow night

Jason Spaceman

Guest
Just in case anyone is interested; 'The National', a nightly hour long
news show on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), is airing a
story about doping in cycling tomorrow night.

Looks like they talk to Floyd, Cranky Frankie, **** Pounder, among
others.

If you don't get the The National in your neck of the woods then you
may be able to view it online at
http://www.cbc.ca/ondemand/news/thenational.asx after 11:30pm ET.

What: The National

When: Wednesday January 3, 2007 at 9:00pm ET on CBC Newsworld, and
10:00pm ET on the main CBC network. And probably repeated numerous
times overnight on both networks, check your local listings.

Where: the CBC

J. Spaceman

Also see 'CBC gets the dope on pro cycling' at
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070102.wspttruth2/TPStory/Sports/columnists

From the article:
More often than not, Canada's best investigative sports journalism is
produced at the CBC.

Wednesday night, The National will examine doping in cycling, with a special
focus on Lance Armstrong, who for years has fought allegations that he used
performance-enhancing drugs.

The 22-minute report by Tom Harrington will include an exclusive interview
with Frankie Andreu, a former teammate of Armstrong who says he heard the
cyclist admit in a hospital room in 1996 after learning he had testicular
cancer that he had used erythropoietin, growth hormone, cortisone and
testosterone.

Aside from a few reports in Europe, there has been little of substance done
on doping in cycling, Harrington says.

"As far as I can tell, we're the first North American network to actually do
this," he said. "In fact, Andreu turned down an interview with 60 Minutes.
Instead, he talked to us."

J. Spaceman

On Jan 3, 9:25 am, Jason Spaceman <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Also see 'CBC gets the dope on pro cycling' athttp://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070102.wspttruth...
>
> From the article:
> More often than not, Canada's best investigative sports journalism is
> produced at the CBC.
>
> Wednesday night, The National will examine doping in cycling, with a special
> focus on Lance Armstrong, who for years has fought allegations that he used
> performance-enhancing drugs.
>
> The 22-minute report by Tom Harrington will include an exclusive interview
> with Frankie Andreu, a former teammate of Armstrong who says he heard the
> cyclist admit in a hospital room in 1996 after learning he had testicular
> cancer that he had used erythropoietin, growth hormone, cortisone and
> testosterone.
>
> Aside from a few reports in Europe, there has been little of substance done
> on doping in cycling, Harrington says.
>
> "As far as I can tell, we're the first North American network to actually do
> this," he said. "In fact, Andreu turned down an interview with 60 Minutes.
> Instead, he talked to us."
>
> J. Spaceman

More info and some links here:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/indepth/landis/

Cycle of denial
Allegations - and denials - of drug use are rampant in the world of
cycling
Last Updated Thurs., Jan. 3, 2007
By Tom Harrington, CBC News

Bill C