CCA announces QUEBEC cycling season!!!!

Fausto Coppied

Aug 17, 2006
The Canadian Cycling Association is proud to announce the uniquely Quebec cycling season!!!!

WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT FOR THE COUNTRY, THE SPORT AND LORRAIANE LAFRENIERE WHO IS OVERSEING IT....

Not one national road race outside of Quebec (the race in PEI is organized by a QC promoter...)

2008 National Road Calendar
Courtesy CCA

The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) is pleased to announce the 2008 National Road Calendar. Fourteen (14) events will be presented in 2008, nine (9) of which being sanctioned by the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI). This is three more then in 2007.

The new events for 2008 are all from Québec and Ontario. Ville de Saguenay will welcome the best Espoir (U23) riders on the planet by hosting the Coupe des Nations Ville Saguenay from June 5-8. The Tour de l'Abitibi organization will also host a Coupe des Nations, for the Junior men this time, from July 31 to August 3. Finally, the city of Welland, who will be celebrating their 150th Anniversary in 2008, will be hosting the Welland Race on August 3rd. This race is a part of the America Tour, a circuit that is dedicated for the best riders from North and South America.

The National Championships will be held in Beauce from June 27-30 for the Juniors, Masters and Paracyclists. The Espoirs (U23) and the Elite men'swomen's races will be held the following week, from July 4-6.

2008 Road Calendar
May 2-4: Défi Sportif, QC (UCI)
May 31: Women's World Cup Montréal, QC (UCI)
June 2-5/: Le Tour du Grand Montréal, QC (UCI)
June 5-8: La Coupe des Nations Ville Saguenay, QC (UCI)
June 8-12: Tour de PEI, PEI (UCI)
June 10-15: Tour de Beauce, Beauce, QC (UCI)
June 18-23: Coupe de la paix, QC
June 27-30: National Championships Tim Hortons - Junior/Master/Paracyclist, QC
July 4-6: National Championships Tim Hortons - U23/Elite, QC
July 25-29: Tour de l'Abitibi, QC (UCI)
July 31-August 3: Coupe des Nations Abitibi, QC (UCI)
August 3: The Welland Race, ON (UCI)
August 9-10: Classique Montréal-Québec, QC
September 4-7: Tour de Québec, QC

Maybe the rest of the country had better get going and organize a proper race or two?

Hey psycho Ed was just on the Pedal site---that you posting there even though you think Pedal is a bad site and forum? If you want a laugh, folks, go there and see the mess of "The Prophet" posts that are being removed!

Fausto Coppied said:
Hey, Spunout, now you're thinking. Maybe you should run the CCA!

Here I was looking for an insightful post from Uboat, and what do I read? More drivel.

Come on Uboat, does Ed have a point here or not?

Uboat said:
Hey psycho Ed was just on the Pedal site---that you posting there even though you think Pedal is a bad site and forum? If you want a laugh, folks, go there and see the mess of "The Prophet" posts that are being removed!
Hey Uboat, do you think the Pedal Forum is doing well without me?

They had five threads and 10 posts in three and half months!!!!

That Benjamin Sadavoy is so stupid he would rather kill his own web site than allow me to post on it. And he cannot even tell you why!

Good for him.

The site is pathetic.

Why, for instance, does he have a press release about Quebec City releasing a coin for its 400th anniversary??? It isn't a cycling coin.

Sadavoy, what a putz.

I told him his site would die without my posting and it has.

It was dead before I got there. I had it up to 300 or 400 replies a week and about 3000 to 4000 views while I was posting. When I left, nothing.....

As for Yojimbo's question, forget about Uboat having an opinion. All he can do is complain about me. He sees nothing wrong with the sport going down the toilet. He doesn't know any better.

He cannot admit the CCA and people like Sadavoy and Rob Jones have killed it because that would prove my point.

Fausto Coppied said:
Hey Uboat, do you think the Pedal Forum is doing well without me?

They had five threads and 10 posts in three and half months!!!!

That Benjamin Sadavoy is so stupid he would rather kill his own web site than allow me to post on it. And he cannot even tell you why!

Good for him.

The site is pathetic.

Why, for instance, does he have a press release about Quebec City releasing a coin for its 400th anniversary??? It isn't a cycling coin.

Sadavoy, what a putz.

I told him his site would die without my posting and it has.

It was dead before I got there. I had it up to 300 or 400 replies a week and about 3000 to 4000 views while I was posting. When I left, nothing.....

As for Yojimbo's question, forget about Uboat having an opinion. All he can do is complain about me. He sees nothing wrong with the sport going down the toilet. He doesn't know any better.

He cannot admit the CCA and people like Sadavoy and Rob Jones have killed it because that would prove my point.
At first I kind of thought that Ed is an idiot, but the more I find out about cycling in this country the more I think that Ed has a point. It's not only CCA though that is to be blamed...

holli said:
At first I kind of thought that Ed is an idiot, but the more I find out about cycling in this country the more I think that Ed has a point. It's not only CCA though that is to be blamed...
Ed being an idiot and Canadian cycling being screwed up are not mutually exclusive, y'know...

Van de Wille said:
Ed being an idiot and Canadian cycling being screwed up are not mutually exclusive, y'know...
There he is!

Van de ***** has re-surfaced.

Good.

So, Paddy, tell us about the great job the CCA is doing!

Tell us how Steve Lacelle, who you put such faith in at the time, failed.

Tell us how Kim Sebrango, who you put such faith in, failed.

Tell us of the wisdom of putting Loorraine Lafreniere in charge who knows absolutely nothing about the sport (again) and who has never run any kind of sporting association (a coaches association doesn't hold sporting event) You have been around Paddy, do you know of any other cycling federation in the world that he a non-cycling person in charge?

Tell us how the marketing plan you were supposedly asked to consult on, has failed so miserably.

Find one criteria in the sport in Canada today that show any positive change.

Explain how BMX which was supposed to save the sport, Bill Kinash's big hope, has failed miserably and explain how the BMW Worlds Organization came out bankrupt and owning hundreds of thousands of dollar.

Tell us what you think of all of the big races in the country being in Quebec and the rest of the country doing NOTHING.

And, finally, tell how you think the Pedal Magazine web forum is doing now that it gets three threads and eight posts every three and months!!!!

We are all looking forward to the communications and marketing guru who does not even have his one web site explaining it all for us.

Go ahead.

Patrick--did you check out Pedal's forum? If you want a good monday laugh, check that out. Poor eddy has posted 2 dozen times and each time, removed by the Moderator. I can only guess he's driving all over NY or PQ trying t find (free) internet and a fresh new IP address!

Hope all is well Patrick, and have a good day.

Fausto Coppied said:
There he is!

Van de ***** has re-surfaced.

Good.

So, Paddy, tell us about the great job the CCA is doing!

Tell us how Steve Lacelle, who you put such faith in at the time, failed.

Tell us how Kim Sebrango, who you put such faith in, failed.

Tell us of the wisdom of putting Loorraine Lafreniere in charge who knows absolutely nothing about the sport (again) and who has never run any kind of sporting association (a coaches association doesn't hold sporting event) You have been around Paddy, do you know of any other cycling federation in the world that he a non-cycling person in charge?

Tell us how the marketing plan you were supposedly asked to consult on, has failed so miserably.

Find one criteria in the sport in Canada today that show any positive change.

Explain how BMX which was supposed to save the sport, Bill Kinash's big hope, has failed miserably and explain how the BMW Worlds Organization came out bankrupt and owning hundreds of thousands of dollar.

Tell us what you think of all of the big races in the country being in Quebec and the rest of the country doing NOTHING.

And, finally, tell how you think the Pedal Magazine web forum is doing now that it gets three threads and eight posts every three and months!!!!

We are all looking forward to the communications and marketing guru who does not even have his one web site explaining it all for us.

Go ahead.

Not really Velo.....most of it is from one guy posting about what a crappy job the CCA is doing. Looks like he's right to me, but it would be nice to have a few different posts on here.

Fausto Coppied said:
Looks like Fan the ***** slid back under his rock unable to defend the indefensible.

Just as well.
Interesting how poking fun at Fan the ***** here leads to a bunch of cycling references on a completely different site in topics that have nothing to do with cycling.

Stalk much, Paddy????