CCA implodes!!!!

Fausto Coppied

Aug 17, 2006
Two staffers and two coaches gone!!!

So, do you now understand how bad things are and how I could not have been more correct?

The CCA is now falling apart. It is official.

They had to fire not only Kim Sebrango in Marketing (she should never have been hired in the first place,that was another Bill Kinash mistake) but Florence Bourg in Communications and two coaches, as well.

I thought the house was in order?????? You believed their lies.

We are not back to Square One, we are back to minus 30 years.

I have been telling you the same things for four years. You refused to believe. Do you see it now????

Lorraine Lafrenière will jump ship at the very first opportunity. She never signed on for this disaster and she is incapable of managing it. She is PR person with next to no management skills and zero experience in cycling.

It is time to take back the sport from former President Bill Kinash and others like him. He has now killed it. Everything he initiated has now failed. He set the sport in Canada back at least a decade. It has not been in this bad shape since the 1970s

I take very little pleasure in saying I told you so but I did.

Now what do they do?

Will you listen now?

03.26.07 - Changes to the Canadian Cycling Association coaching structure

March 26/07 – As raised at last falls' Annual General Meeting, the Canadian Cycling Association (CCA)’s projected revenue targets were not met for the fiscal year. We therefore decided to put in place a restructuring plan to immediately address the situation in order to protect program funds for national team athletes. t

Earlier this month, three administrative staff positions at the CCA office were reduced as part of this restructuring (communications, officials, marketing). This has been followed up this week with a reduction in coaching staff. Regrettably, this has meant ending the contracts of Mountain Bike coach Michel Leblanc and Para-cycle coach Stephen Burke by the end of June.

Continued involvement of these coaches in some aspects of CCA programs, at least during a transition period, is under discussion. Details of this will be available shortly.

It is important to underline that these changes are not due to any lack of commitment or performance on the part of these coaches: the CCA is extremely grateful for the level of dedication and professionalism Michel and Stephen have demonstrated throughout their time with the national program.

With the reduction in the number of coaches, the structure for national team programs has been updated. Responsibility for Mountain bike, track, road and Para-cycle athletes is now shared between two National coaches, one based in the west and the other in the east. The intent of this change is to ensure each athlete has access to a coach and support services in his or her region of the country. Tanya Dubnicoff remains as national BMX coach.

If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please contact CCA High Performance Director Kris Westwood at 613-248-1353 ext. 2607, or [email protected], or CCA Chief Executive Officer Lorraine Lafrenière at 613-248-1353 ext. 2601 or [email protected].

Lorraine,

My suggestion to you would be to resign immediately. You know you cannot fix this mess. If you say you can and you try and fail, things will be even worse, for everyone.

You have a nice out now, a convenient excuse, you never signed on for this mess. You were lied and deceived when offered the job.

Maybe you should sue.

Better to quit now than in disgrace later.

Sincerely,
Fausto

I had a telephone conversation today with a journalist from Quebec. Among some of the things we discussed was the disparity between the Canadian Cycling Association’s (CCA’s) TOTAL budget and that of Alpine (Skiing) Canada. They both get base funding from Sport Canada. They used to get almost the same $2.5 million each. Alpine Canada has now risen to $3.2 million while the CCA fell to $1.7 million. They are still relatively the same in that regard..

However look at the huge difference when it comes to TOTAL budgets (TOTAL budget is sponsorship, licensing, rights, fees, donations and merchandising, etc).

The CCA’s about $2.5 million while Aplin Canada’s is OVER $20 MILLION!!!!!!! (this figure was given to me today by Alpine Canada, they would not be more specific. But don't take my word for it, please check it all out on your own)

The nearly $17 million difference can all be attributed to better mismanagement and marketing of the sport.

That is what Bill Kinash has cost Canadian cycling, about $17 million dollars. Go away Kinash and take all Board Members who support you.

Voici les budgets de Sport Canada 2005-2006.

Cyclisme $1,795,659

Ski Alpin $3,179,519

Sport Canada Contributions Report
2005-06

For other years/ Pour d’autres annees : http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/sc/contributions/index_e.cfm

TOTAL

$133,389,966
ATHLETES ASSISTANCE PROGRAM

$24,800,000
CITY OF WHITEHORSE

$5,123,463
COACHING ASSOCIATION OF CANADA

$4,825,000
CANADIAN CENTRE FOR ETHICS IN SPORT

$4,631,500
CANADA GAMES COUNCIL

$4,282,534
COMITE ORGANISATEUR DES Xies CHAMPIONNATS (FINA)

$3,637,000
CANADIAN HOCKEY ASSOCIATION

$3,564,568
ALPINE CANADA ALPIN

$3,179,519
SWIMMING/NATATION CANADA

$2,908,717
ATHLETICS CANADA

$2,731,589
SPEED SKATING CANADA

$2,678,114
CANADIAN CANOE ASSOCIATION

$2,468,079
BOBSLEIGH AND LUGE CANADA

$2,384,738
ROWING CANADA AVIRON

$2,235,516
CANADA BASKETBALL

$2,124,730
WHITEHORSE 2007 JEUX DU CANADA GAMES HOST SOCIETY

$2,000,000
COMMONWEALTH GAMES CANADA

$1,835,000
CANADIAN CURLING ASSOCIATION

$1,812,355
CANADIAN FREESTYLE SKI ASSOCIATION

$1,800,507
CANADIAN CYCLING ASSOCIATION

$1,795,659
CROSS COUNTRY CANADA

$1,775,847
VOLLEYBALL CANADA

$1,734,177
PACIFICSPORT CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE – VANCOUVER

$1,718,182
SKATE CANADA

$1,685,754
GYMNASTICS CANADA GYMNASTIQUE

$1,658,144
REGINA 2005 CANADA SUMMER GAMES

$1,436,610
DIVING PLONGEON CANADA

$1,431,471
CANADIAN SNOWBOARD FEDERATION

$1,385,746
CANADIAN SOCCER ASSOCIATION

$1,302,166
TENNIS CANADA

$1,222,660
SYNCHRO CANADA

$1,196,059
BIATHLON CANADA

$1,191,723
WATER POLO CANADA

$1,172,361
CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE - CALGARY

$1,172,053
CANDIAN AMATEUR WRESTLING ASSOCIATION

$1,160,890
CANADIAN AMATEUR SOFTBALL ASSOCIATION

$1,157,509
CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE - ALTANTIC SOCIETY

$1,153,427
CANADIAN YACHTING ASSOCIATION

$1,135,002
CENTRE NATIONAL MULTISPORTS - MONTREAL

$1,078,930
JUDO CANADA

$1,052,480
CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE - ONTARIO

$1,031,000
BASEBALL CANADA

$925,331
PROVINCE OF ONTARIO

$884,360
CANADIAN PARALYMPIC COMMITTEE

$857,000
CANADIAN OLYMPIC COMMITTEE

$845,000
FIELD HOCKEY CANADA

$843,500
SPECIAL OLYMPICS CANADA

$814,710
TRIATHLON CANADA

$758,166
TABLE TENNIS CANADA TENNIS DE TABLE

$746,299
CANADIAN INTERUNIVERSITY SPORT

$735,000
SPORT DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTRE OF CANADA

$728,087
PROVINCE OF QUEBEC

$634,160
ROYAL CANADIAN GOLF ASSOCIATION

$607,000
ABORIGINAL SPORT CIRCLE

$579,450
CANADIAN FENCING FEDERATION

$577,517
CANADIAN RUGBY UNION

$570,000
WATER SKI AND WAKEBOARD CANADA

$558,000
ESTEEM TEAM ASSOCIATION

$542,859
SPORT INFORMATION RESOURCE CENTRE

$540,000
EQUINE CANADA HIPPIQUE

$522,594
CANADIAN AMATEUR BOXING ASSOCIATION

$500,513
CANADIAN WHEELCHAIR SPORTS ASSOCIATION

$492,000
ATHLETES CAN

$478,000
CANADIAN ASSOCIATION FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF WOMEN IN SPORT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY

$445,000
WTF TAEKWONDO ASSOCIATION OF CANADA

$443,767
PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA

$434,360
BADMINTON CANADA

$424,750
SQUASH CANADA

$400,000
PROVINCE OF ALBERTA

$378,380
PROVINCE OF MANITOBA

$367,000
CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE - MANITOBA

$355,000
RACQUETBALL CANADA

$355,000
GOVERNMENT OF NORTHWEST TERRITORIES

$322,160
CANADIAN BLIND SPORT ASSOCIATION

$306,000
SPORTWEB SOCIETY

$300,000
GOVERNMENT OF YUKON

$291,800
GOVERNMENT OF NUNAVUT

$291,620
PROVINCE OF SASKATCHEWAN

$258,680
PROVINCE OF NOVA SCOTIA

$254,540
CANADIAN TIRE FOUNDATION FOR FAMILIES

$250,000
UNITED NATIONS ASSOCIATION IN CANADA

$242,019
CANADIAN SPORT CENTRE - SASKATCHEWAN

$240,000
PROVINCE OF NEW BRUNSWICK

$240,000
CANADIAN COLLEGES ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION

$220,000
FOOTBALL CANADA

$220,000
SHOOTING FEDERATION OF CANADA

$205,000
THE CANADIAN ASSOCIATION FOR HEALTH, PHYSICAL EDUCATION, RECREATION AND DANCE

$200,000
CONSEIL DU SPORT DE HAUT NIVEAU DE QUEBEC

$200,000
FONDATION DE L'ATHLETE D'EXCELLENCE DU QUEBEC

$200,000
PROVINCE OF PRINCE OF EDWARD ISLAND

$200,000
RINGETTE CANADA

$200,000
CANADIAN CEREBRAL PALSY SPORTS ASSOCIATION

$197,500
BOWLING FEDERATION OF CANADA

$180,000
PROVINCE OF NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR

$180,000
CANADIAN DEAF SPORTS ASSOCIATION

$105,000
TRUE SPORT FOUNDATION

$105,000
SPORT OFFICIALS OF CANADA

$103,693
COWICHAN 2008 NORTH AMERICAN INDIGENOUS GAMES

$100,000
FEDERATION OF CANADIAN ARCHERS

$88,000
ALTERGO

$75,000
LAURENTIAN UNIVERSITY

$75,000
CANADIAN WEIGHTLIFTING FEDERATION

$73,500
CANADIAN LACROSSE ASSOCIATION

$71,000
BOWLS CANADA BOULINGRIN

$70,500
CANADIAN BROOMBALL FEDERATION

$63,000
NATIONAL KARATE ASSOCIATION

$56,525
CANADIAN SPORT PARACHUTING ASSOCIATION

$52,500
CANADIAN TEAM HANDBALL FEDERATION

$39,000
CANADIAN SPORT TOURISM ALLIANCE

$35,000
PARTICIPACTION

$34,043
SPORT NORTH FEDERATION

$26,504
TOURNOI PROVINCIAL NOVICE "PASSE RONDELLE "

$3,800

Does anyone find it worrisome that despite former Chief Operating Officer resigning, Finance Director resigning, the Marketing Coordinator "resigning", the Communication Director being fired along with two coaches at the Canadian Cycling Association, the supposed Canadian cycling "news" media, which is to say Rob Jones of Canadian Cyclist and Benjmain Sadavoy of Pedal Magazine have nothing to say, no commentary or opinion on the matter other than a short press releases?

How can this be?

This is a serious issue, it will greatly effect the sport, probably for a few years to come, yet Pedal Magazine and Canadian Cyclist have nothing to say?

There is no discussion on the Canadian Cyclist web forum?

Is that how irrelevant the Canadian Cycling Association is to the whole process?
Certainly seems like this is news.

In time, we will able able to point to this silence as all just part of the same problem.

Nothing ever changes here either. Go away for a while.. come back and same ol same ol.. M. Arzouian carrying on a conversaton with himself. story of your life?

I guess it might help if you got your FACTS straight.

Chief Operating Officer resigning
M. Lacelle left to take a job in finance with the federal gov't. A step up and one he would have been an idiot to pass on.

Finance Director resigning
Took another job too.

the Marketing Coordinator "resigning"
too leave a job due to illness is not resigning

And the CCA is not the only summer sport in 'trouble' from lack of funding. Restructuring at Sport Canada lead the COC to issue a press release, compaling about the lack of support for summer sport programs.

"The Executive Committee unanimously expresses its disappointment that the federal budget did not include additional support to Canada's summer athletes," said COC President Michael Chambers. "We call on the federal government to invest in Canada's Olympic summer athletes as clearly laid out in the Road to Excellence summer sport program. Canada's summer athletes deserve the same opportunity to achieve international success as their winter counterparts, who received additional government support through the successful Own the Podium 2010 program."
...Full release

more

Canadian Olympic Committee Expresses Disappointment in Federal Government’s Budget

AND with the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.. winter sports are Hot Hot HOT.. Everyone is falling all over themselves on this one, to the demise of the summer sports.

Deny all you like.

The CCA is obviously in chaos. They are unable to find a new dollar of sponsorship outside of the government in five years. The overall CCA budget is about $2 million. The overall Alpine Canada budget is over $20 million. The CCA get about $400,000 in sponsorship. Alpine Canada gets about $17,000,000.

Are you going to tell us that skiing is 42.5 times bigger in Canada than cycling??? That simply isn't even close to being true. Even if skiing were twice as popular as cycling WHICH IT IS NOT ACCORDING TO ALL DEMOGRAPHICS the CCA should still have $8,500,000 in sponsorship.

The only way to explain the difference is the total incompetence of CCA staff and Board of Directors. Mediocrity, indeed failure has become the acceptable CCA standard.

Sebrango was there for almost two years and she did NOTHING. She should never have been hired.

They had to let the Communications Director go.

The CCA is in a worse spot than it was five years ago when Kinash took office as President.

All the last five years we were told how things were being put in place for growth and expansion. Instead we got a collapse and are now in worse shape.

Deny it all you like. It is obvious. How long do you think they can lie and deceive people?

Kinash should resign along with all board members that support him.

He is a disgrace to the sport.

I predict Lorraine Lafrenière will resign in less than six months. That would be a good thing. She doesn't know anything about the sport.

It is time for cyclist to take back the cycling association.

It is time for cyclist to take back the cycling association.

[/QUOTE]

I guess that would exclude you. You're so fat and out of shape it's hard to believe that you could ever got onto a bike. Why would you even post that picture of yourself on your web site? And who would believe that you could do anything to help cycling when you can't even present a proper web site. You fat failure.
Hey fat ass, what was the name of that cycling team that begged you to work for them?

Obviously very relevant.

Congratulations on your increbible insight into the sport.

Is that all you have???????????????

Fausto Coppied said:
Obviously very relevant.

Congratulations on your increbible insight into the sport.

Is that all you have???????????????

Here's the link, dimwit. You post pictures of CCA employees and state that there physical apperance is a direct influence of their ability to do the work. Can you make the connection now?
Probably not, considering you think all those emails are supportive of you. I guess in your world if they are not obviously hostile that would equate to supportive. The emails are kindly trying to put you off, try reading them again. Look for content.

Ed's a ped said:
Probably not, considering you think all those emails are supportive of you. I guess in your world if they are not obviously hostile that would equate to supportive. The emails are kindly trying to put you off, try reading them again. Look for content.
Explain to me how when the new CCA President Piere Blanchard,writes to me out of the blue and asks to call me to discuss cycling and then he does call and we talk for 40 minutes or so he is trying to "put me off"?

As for the physical appearance issue, if the employee has no experience in cycling and poor record of performance elsewhere, it might help if she was at least attractive and more representative of the sport.

As for me, fella, I'm 200 to 204 lbs., six feet tall, with a 37 inch waist. I can probably still kick your butt on bike, rollerblades or cross-country skis. Not bad for a guy 45 years old. My 34 years of exeperience in the sport of cycling speaks so authoritatively for itself it really doesn't matter what I look like.

Fausto Coppied said:
Explain to me how when the new CCA President Piere Blanchard,writes to me out of the blue and asks to call me to discuss cycling and then he does call and we talk for 40 minutes or so he is trying to "put me off"?

As for the physical appearance issue, if the employee has no experience in cycling and poor record of performance elsewhere, it might help if she was at least attractive and more representative of the sport.

As for me, fella, I'm 200 to 204 lbs., six feet tall, with a 37 inch waist. I can probably still kick your butt on bike, rollerblades or cross-country skis. Not bad for a guy 45 years old. My 34 years of exeperience in the sport of cycling speaks so authoritatively for itself it really doesn't matter what I look like.

And who would really believe these "phone calls" take place. Weren't you the guy who said he was begged by a cycling team to become its manager. And when reality is known, you were the begger and the terminated. You have no credibility without support. Too many lies have been exposed. The phone call that you allude to was probably with respect to you quitting your harrasment of the people who work for the CCA.
And check the health guides, a 37 inch waist is considered fat, might even fall into obese. You can't care for yourself, how could you care for cycling? Oh, you don't, you just have the same tired old rant, nothing new developing in that pee brain. Fat, ugly and not too bright. Is that why you were living in your aunt's basement?

You know, you're an idiot.

Ask Blanchard if he called me or not.

As for begging to manage the Shaklee Team in 1997, that is ridiculous. The asked me at last mintue to bail them out in 1996 and manage them at GP Beauce. Later they contacted me to maange them ful time in 1997 becuase I did such a god job at Beauce. I have never begged for anything in my life and people who know me know it would be completely out of character. If I begged Shaklee for anything it was to be paid on time as per our contract which they never seemd capable of. You can ask Eric Wohlberg about that since he raced for me them and had the same problems with Shaklee.

You can criticize me all you what, I did not have to fire a Marketing Director, a Communications Director, two coaches and lose a Finance Director and a Chief Executive Officer all in the last year. The CCA did that. They did that because Bil Kinash ruined the Association.

Ed's a ped said:
Is that why you were living in your aunt's basement?
PS Nimrod, I lived in a pretty cottage in the woods by a lake. If people were fortunate they got to retire near there.....

Fausto Coppied said:
You know, you're an idiot.

Ask Blanchard if he called me or not.

As for begging to manage the Shaklee Team in 1997, that is ridiculous. The asked me at last mintue to bail them out in 1996 and manage them at GP Beauce. Later they contacted me to maange them ful time in 1997 becuase I did such a god job at Beauce. I have never begged for anything in my life and people who know me know it would be completely out of character. If I begged Shaklee for anything it was to be paid on time as per our contract which they never seemd capable of. You can ask Eric Wohlberg about that since he raced for me them and had the same problems with Shaklee.

You can criticize me all you what, I did not have to fire a Marketing Director, a Communications Director, two coaches and lose a Finance Director and a Chief Executive Officer all in the last year. The CCA did that. They did that because Bil Kinash ruined the Association.
Poor, poor Ed. Now you are claiming that the director of Shaklee is lieing. What was his gain in this? You have your rants about Bill because he is one of many people who had to fire you and you try to back up your arguments through lies. Claiming that your email from Brett is "supportive" shows your stupidity. Brett is smart enough not to be antogonistic and get himself on the receiving end of your agressive spamming. But, in your world, that is supportive. It must be sad for a person to think that a lack of hate equates to support. Do you really lack friendship that bad? That was a rhetorical question Ed. The fact that you respond to my posts shows that you lack a significant other to converse with or anything constructive to do with your day. And now you also deny that you lived with your aunt? I may be wrong about the relationship, but I believe there was mention at some point about where you once resided. Your poor family members, they give up their time and space to put you up and now you deny them.
And just for the record, do you now admit to your obessity? Size 37, ha, ha!

Ahh, we must be dealing with a woman. Size 37????

I don't know what that is.

Waist 37, leg 33 in case you want to buy me a pair of pants. The jacket is 46R.

Sure Frank Scoscia of Shaklee lied all the time. He had me lie for him to race organizers when he failed to pay things on time to avoid penalty charges, etc.

If Called Frank repeatedly for anythng it was to get paid. My pay was never in my account when it was supposed to be.

Scosica did not seem to understand the difference between a stipend and expenses. He renegged on agreement to pay a daily stipend and instead paid the lesser of expenses or stipend.

So did Frank lie???? Yes, all the time.

None of this changes the fact that under the direction of former President and current Director-at-Large, Bill Kinash of Regina, Saskatchewan, the Canadian Cycling Association fell completely apart.

It is in a miserable shamble.

Kinash's legacy will be one of almost destroying the CCA.

It has the lowest revenues in decades.

It has had catastrophic turnovers in management.

It has fewer races.

It has fewer sponsors.

It has the worse media coverage.

It has worse results.

Under almoist any criteria you can apply, the CCA is far worse now than when Kinash took over.

Those are facts.

----- Original Message -----
To: '[email protected]',[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],s,[email protected],,[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected], [email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]
Sent: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:56:49 -0500
Subject: Lorraine, what's the plan?

Ms. Lorraine Lafreniere, Director General,
Canadian Cycling Association,

Ottawa, ON

Dear Lorraine,

We are all curious to hear what the plan is to revive our Association? How do you plan to reverse the downward spiral of corporate sponsorship?

It won't be easy given all the staff you just lost and with you knowing next to nothing about the sport yourself. Good thing Brett Stewart is there to give you a hand. He must be pleased to be doing most of your work, since he was passed over at least twice for your job. Now he has to do the work of Kim Sebrango in marketing as well, who should never have been hired in the first place, just like you and Steve Lacelle before you (anybody remember how Steve's MBA was going to ensure sound business procedures!!!).

How long, Lorraine, do you think Bill Kinash will be able to continue to destroy the sport of cycling in Canada? Is he consciously out to ruin it or is he really so stupid that he cannot learn from his many mistakes and just keeps repeating them? BTW, you would be one of those mistakes. It is hard to believe things could get worse but they will, won?t they?

Tell, us, Lorraine, of your plans to market the sport.

How will you re-introduce road races to Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta? Do not bother in Saskatchewan, as they never had any in the first place. Where's the Canada Cup Series? Has it collapsed again? How will you revive it? Do the overall points winners still receiving no prizes for their efforts? Are you really counting on BMX to fix things!!!! Will the UCI continue to step all over the country? How will you attract coaches? You lost three in the last year, right? Or was it more? Do you even know?

Let us know what you plan to do, Lorraine, we are all anxious to hear.

Best regards,

Ed A.

Wow, three weeks and nothing from Van De Wille....

Come on Paddy, we all know you are reading. Hell, you're reading BCVOICE for that matter. Do you think I should run for Mayor as soem people are asking?

Come tell us what great hires the CCA made. Tell us of the success of Kim Sebrango.

Tell us how Lorraine Lafreniere is going to save the sport she knows nothing about....

29-03.-2007, 09:48 AM
icon1.gif
Re: Sebrango cycling lessons
Where's Patrick Van de Wille ?

Come on the forum, Patrick, and tell me everything I have been saying was wrong!

Come tell us what a great job Bill Kinash has done.

Come and tell us what a great job Steve Lacelle did. Ooops, Lacelle is gone.

Come tell us how Michael Adams has set the finances straight. Ooops, he's gone and the CCA lost a million bucks.

Come and tell us about all those system and procedures that were to set things right.

Come and tell us that Kim Sebrango was the right woman for the job. Ooops, she's gone, too.

Come and ask Florence Bourg to write us a press release. Ooops, she's gone.

How long do you think creampuff Lorriane Lafreniere will last before she bails?

I had given her 18 months. It has been five. I don't think she will make it to August.

Let's hope she doesn't quit before June and the national championships.

Poor, poor Brett Stewart.....but on the other hand, he has just sat there and watch this all happen without lifting a finger. He's now part of the problem. Lister Farrar, too, for that matter.

Subject: Another cycling gaffe

The Canadian Cycling Association is a farce. The organization is now a pathetic shambles.

This guy below posting on www.canadiancyclist.com is correct.

Try using the link they provide for the Road National, their most important event, it doesn’t work.

Who to blame for this?

This guy, he is the face of shame of Canadian cycling
pic_president_canada.jpg

:Bill Kinash of Regina, buffoon, former CCA President and current Board Member-at-Large.

Leave the sport Kinash, you have ruined it. Let us rebuild if it is still possible after you’re five years of destruction.

Yesterday, 01:34 PM

So I decided to check out this year's schedule of events at Road Nationals. I went to the CCA website, clicked on National Championships and drilled down to The Road Nationals link. It appears that all the info posted there is from 2006, as the dates for specific events do not line up with this year's Calendar. So, I then clicked on the National Race Calendar for 2007 and found the actual dates for Road Nationals along with a link to the Organizer: http://www.grandprixcycliste.com/ Clicking on that link took me to a website that is FOR SALE, has no Road Nationals info, but does offer linkages to Heidi Klum and Howard Stern. Beautiful. The CCA is bashed enough as it is.... but jeez .....you'd think they could get it together for once.

Poke it to see if it is dead

Somebody better go check to see if there is any life at the Canadian Cycling Association offices in Ottawa. Go poke them to see if they are alive.

In one month there has been one post on their web site, a reminder to sign up for track nationals.

That’s it.

No news.

No results.

No events.

No press releases.

No others signs of activity whatsoever.

Here we are into May, well past the opening of the season, and we get nothing from the CCA and Lorraine Lafreniere. This woman is supposed to a public/media relations person and we have heard NOTHING.

What is your plan, Lorraine?

How are you digging the CCA out of its immense hole?

Is there anything happening at all that riders, coaches, the media and the general public should be aware of?

How much of a mess are you making?

What a monumental mess Bill Kinash and now Pierre Blanchard have created.

What a huge mistake hiring you, Lorraine, again another leader for the sport of cycling with no cycling experience.

Quit Lorraine and take Kinash with you. You are in way over your head.

Or better yet, stick around so you can be the object of ridicule.

How pathetically lame is this, the Canadian Cycling Association, rather than managing gold medal winning athletes and international events or even offering race results and athlete profiles is giving up tips on how to ride our bike on the road!!!!

What an embarrassment.

This is what Bill Kinash and Lorraine Lafrenière have reduced cycling to in Canada.

This is what you get when you hire somebody without any cycling experience whatsoever, without any competitive experience at all, without any event organization experience. You get this fluff which is about all a PR person like Lafrenière can cough up.

Lame.

Sad.

Disgrace!

How long before this stops?

Take back you sport.

05.03.07 - Cycling for all – A series of 10 CAN-BIKE cycling tips is launched

May 1, 2007 (Ottawa, ON) – The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) is pleased to launch a series of ten cycling tips aiming at promoting the CAN-BIKE program across Canada at the beginning the 2007 cycling season.

CAN-BIKE TIP #1

Lane position on any urban street. Practically speaking…

Highway Traffic Acts across Canada tell cyclists to ride as far to the right as is practical. Those words are hard to interpret by the road using public. Some motorists feel cyclists should not be in the line of traffic and some cyclists interpret the law as meaning to ride on the sidewalk – but sidewalk cycling is illegal in most parts of Canada.

What it should mean is to ride far enough out from the curb that you can maintain a straight line and avoid debris, potholes and service covers. Drivers must leave a safety cushion space between their car and the cyclist so there is no chance of collision. This safety cushion is for the cyclist to manoeuvre (this is French, BTW, not English) in while cycling through traffic.

Cyclists are part of traffic and have all the rights and responsibilities that motorists have. Cyclists need room to manoeuvre in traffic and motorists need to provide that room by not crowding cyclists and compromising their safety. When motorists and cyclists are considerate of the space each type of user requires on the roadway, conflict is reduced and everyone is much safer.

ABOUT CAN-BIKE
The CAN-BIKE safe cycling skills program is the standard for bicycle education across Canada. CAN-BIKE Courses teach riding skills, traffic analysis skills, and collision avoidance techniques. They also provide the basics on safe equipment, and a basic bike inspection. Regardless of your experience, CAN-BIKE will make your cycling more effective, and give you a greater sense of confidence and control in traffic. Visit http://www.canbike.net/cca_pages/

With generous support of Transport Canada’s Moving on Sustainable Transportation program.

http://www.canadian-cycling.com/cca/media/news/news_050307a.shtml