CCA unable to learn

Fausto Coppied

Aug 17, 2006
Once again the Canadian Cycling Association doesn’t learn from its failures. The CCA has named another non-cycling person to lead cycling in Canada.

It did not work in Hamilton in 2003.

It did not work in Ottawa in 2005 and 2006 for the COO.

It did not work in Ottawa for Kim Sebrango who is still there at the CCA and doing nothing.

It will not work again.

How many times will the CCA make the same mistake? Why can they not understand that cycling is NOT like other Olympic sports?

Unbelievable!

So it begins again. Watch for the two-year learning curve to be followed by a resignation or abject failure.

We will watch once more as the sport circles the toilet.

November 16/06 12:15 pm EST - CCA Names New CEO

Posted by Editor on 11/16/06.
CCA Names New Chief Executive Officer/ Secretary General

With files from the CCA and other sources.

The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) is proud to announce that Ms. Lorraine Lafrenière has been appointed as Chief Executive Officer / Secretary General. She will join CCA on January 2, 2007.

Ms. Lafrenière is presently Chief Operating Officer of Coaching Association of Canada (CAC). She has been instrumental in establishing successful sponsorship programs and has broadened the influence of CAC by strengthening its relationship with the provinces/territories and federal government. She also helped in restructuring the organization to improve program delivery and governance decision making.

"I am looking forward to contributing to the development of all aspects of Canadian cycling with our partners," stated Ms. Lafrenière. "I feel very motivated to be working in an organization which places its priority on the athletes."

Ms. Lafrenière joins CCA with 15 years of experience in amateur sport. She has successfully worked with many national sport organizations, including the Canadian Olympic Committee. She has held leadership positions with the mission staff at numerous Olympic Summer and Winter Games, Pan American Games, and World Championships. She was Press Chief of the Canadian team at the 1996 Olympics Games in Atlanta.

"Our warmest welcome to Lorraine from the CCA and the whole cycling community," said CCA President Pierre Blanchard. "Her great experience in management and in sport in particular will be a major asset to the progress of cycling in Canada for the upcoming years."

Ms. Lafrenière came to the CAC from the local high tech sector where she held the position of Director, Marketing and Partnerships with Kanatek Technologies, a leading networked storage systems integration company. Following the Atlanta Olympics, Ms. Lafrenière established a successful communications company with clientele that included national media, national sports organizations, and numerous community agencies.

"From: Ed Arzouian [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:22 AM
To: 'Ed Arzouian'; 'Ed Arzouian'; '[email protected]'; 'Lister Farrar'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'Curt Harnett'; 'finance'; '[email protected]'; 'Christie, James'; 'Randy Starkman The Star'; 'Graham Parley The Star'; 'G&M Sports Ed D.Leeder'; 'NP Sports Ron Wadden'; '[email protected]'; 'Pierre Hamel'; 'sports3'; 'sports2'; 'Kristy Cycling News'; '[email protected]'; 'Wayne Scanlan'; 'rjones2'; 'Brett Stewart'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'CP Bill Beacon'; '[email protected]'; 'Pedal Magazine'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'Marcia Stewart'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'
Subject: Another one bites the dust, much to my satisfaction

Ha, ha, ha….!!!

Friggin’ beautiful.

I told you so is too easy.

Here we go again. Let’s see what limp **** they hire now….."

Now we know.

Even Steve Lacelle said we needed somebody like Ken Read.

That sure as hell is not who we got.

What does it tell you that the CCA does not have the news of the hire up on its web site but Canadian Cyclist does? Who is running things?

So Brett Stewart, CCA journeyman who has babysitted them for years, was passed over again.

He will probably leave now rather than watch someone he knows is not qualified tell him what to do.

Most cycling people will be annoyed having to teach another non-cycling person how the sport works, they will quit.

Was Lister Farrar overlooked again? Well, see how supportive of the CCA Lister is now that we have another neophyte at the reins.
Again things wil only get worsde better they get better and tim ewil be lost.

Cyclists you failed to take back your sport.

You will suffer again.

Who was on the selection committee that hired another person without any cycling experience to run the sport in Canada?

Let's get the names of these people and when the new COO resigns, fails or does nothing, like the last guy, we will know who to blame.

Quote of the day for the Canadian Cycling Association (CCA):

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

-Benjamin Franklin

By Franklin’s definition the CCA is indeed insane. Let’s briefly review the decisions made there over the last few years.

In 2002 the CCA elects Bill Kinash as its President. Kinash presided over Saskatchewan cycling for almost 20 years. For that entire time period SK was THE WORST CYCLING PROVINCE IN ALL OF CANADA. Yet, the CCA chose the guy who had overseen that mess to run the country. Result: the CCA and the sport declined more during Kinash’s term than any other time in its over 100 year history. Thankfully Kinash was booted out as President after only one term. The only time that has happened in at least 40 years..

In 2002 The CCA allows two people with ABSOLUTELY NO CYCLING EXPERIENCE, David Braley and Neil Lumsden, to oversee the 2003 World Cycling Championships in Hamilton. The results was a mediocre event with limited attendance, few if any profits and NOT ONE NEW SPONSORSHIP for the sport after the $15,000,000 invested by federal provincial and municipal governments.

In 2002 & 2003 the CCA pumps money in the McMaster Cycling Centre as a national training center while putting two guys in charge with HARDLY ANY CYCLING EXPERIENCE to their credit. Result, the centre failed miserably. For instance, its Sprockids program drew only 15 kids in an area with a population of about 750,000!

In 2005 the CCA hired a Chief Executive Officer WITH NO CYCLING EXPERIENCE. As I predicted that person failed at the task and resigned to work some place else after only about 18 months.

In 2005 the CCA hired a Marketing Coordinator, Kim Sebrango, WITH NO CYCLING EXPERIENCE. As predicted Sebrango has failed miserably to promote the sport. There are no new sponsors worth mentioning. Old and inferior sponsors were renewed saddling the CCA into more long-term bad deals. There is no national road series sponsor. There is no prize money for the national points series. There are no new big events anywhere in Canada outside of Quebec.

Last month November 2006 the CCA again hired a new Chief Operating Officer, Lorraine Lafrenière. Once again, unbelievably, the CCA repeats the same mistake and hired somebody WITH NO CYCLING EXPERIENCE.

This is not rocket science. You do not need to be a genius to see a pattern here. The sport of cycling in Canada needs to be led by someone with cycling experience as it is everywhere else in the industrialized world. How insane can the CCA be to keep repeating the same mistake over and over and over and over again?

Now that the CCA has hired this neophyte to run the sport, does she have any plans or vision for the sport? Will she share that with the rest of us? During her interview for the job she must have articulated some game plan to improve things that have gone so incredibly off track?

What is her plan?

I’ll bet she doesn’t even have one, since she knows nothing of the sport. Furthermore, this woman has never created anything, she is a talking head, a professional ******** artist, hardly the person who is going to roll up her sleeves and get out in the field to do the hard work that needs to be done. She will need a year to figure out what’s going on and another six months to realize she will not and can not do anything to improve things.

We will waste another two years or more added to the four or five already lost.

In the end the CCA will have lost at least a decade and the sport will have an almost insurmountable hole to crawl its way out of.

You were warned.

Watch and weep.

It has been about a month since the new Chief Operating Officer, Lorraine Lafrenière, at the Canadian Cycling Association was hired.

As of yet we have yet to hear a word from her. Does she have a plan? Does she have objectives? What are her priorities?

As I expected it will take her at least a year to figure out what is going on and another six months to quit.

Hard to believe that running the sport of cycling in Canada is left to somebody with zero cycling experience again, but there you have it.

More and more wasted time. No action.

Speaking of inaction, as we wind down 2006 are there are any new sponsors for the CCA to report from Marketing Coordinator Kim Sebrango?

There is another dead weight for you.

Do we have a national road series sponsor?

Do we have an overall points series sponsor?

Do we have any new road events for men outside of Quebec?

The answer, as usual, is NO.

Wow, what a complete post *****, babbling ******** out his mouth like a newborn baby's ****, all liquid and no substance. The only poster in most of his threads, that pretty much sums it up for me. I have just spent the last 45 minutes going back over all your posts. Thats 45 minutes of my life completely wasted.
Why do you hate the CCA so much? I must be missing something somewhere. Doing this really makes you feel important doesn't it! You must be a sad, sad little man.

I hate the CCA because it has DESTROYED the sport I love and help build for 20 years.

If you do not know that you are very uninformed.

Here is what Gord Fraser, the winningest cyclist in Canadian history, had to say about what was Canadian cycling and what is now, "Fraser joined the Toronto-based Magicuts road cycling team in 1990. One of his most memorable seasons was spent competing in the Canadian Tire racing series, which provided national coverage and substantial prize money. “If we had even close to the amount of prize money that we had back then, it would be like heaven.”
Ask yoursef how such an organization can walk away from a $15,000,000 investment in the sport wihout ONE new sponsor as it did in 2003 after the Road World Cycling Championships in Hamilton, Ontario.

Ask yourself how the governing body of cyclign in the country has been led by two Chief Operating Officers WITHOUT ANY CYCLING EXPERIENCE IN ANY CAPACITY AT ANY LEVEL AT ALL.

After you have spent over 30 years involved in the sport, as I have, you come and tell me I'm wrong.

Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 10:28 AM
To: '[email protected]'; 'Lister Farrar'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'Curt Harnett'; 'finance'; '[email protected]'; 'Christie, James'; 'Randy Starkman The Star'; 'Graham Parley The Star'; 'G&M Sports Ed D.Leeder'; 'NP Sports Ron Wadden'; '[email protected]'; 'Pierre Hamel'; 'sports3'; 'sports2'; 'Kristy Cycling News'; '[email protected]'; 'Wayne Scanlan'; 'rjones2'; 'Brett Stewart'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'CP Bill Beacon'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'Marcia Stewart'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'Bill Kinash'; 'Sylvain Richard'; 'Yvan Martineau'; 'Yvan Martineau'; 'SportDecision'; 'Sport Tribune'; 'Sport Nouvelliste'; 'Sport Le Soleil'; 'Sport La Voix de l'Est'; 'Sport La Presse'; 'Sport Journal de Montréal'; 'Simon Drouin'; 'Robert Jutras'; 'Rob Jones'; 'René Pothier'; 'Réal Labbé'; 'Pierre-Louis Augustin'; 'Pierre Pouliot'; 'Pierre Jury'; 'Pierre Hamel'; 'Pierre Foglia'; 'Michelle Gendron'; 'Mathieu Laberge'; 'Martin Smith'; 'Marie-Josée Turcotte'; 'Marc-André Joanisse'; 'Luce Richard'; 'Luc Bellemare'; 'Louis Hardy'; 'Léandre Drolet'; 'Laurent Godbout'; 'Alain Bergeron'; 'Sport30 - RDS'; 'CKAC-Nouvelles'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; 'Martin Smith'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'
Cc: '[email protected]'
Subject: She speaks!: One month and she is still speechless

How amusing! I send out an email pointing out the new CEO at the Canadian Cycling Association has had nothing to say for a month and, BANG!, Next day there’s an interview. Nice to see Lorraine will jump when I tell her to.

Only thing….., the interview says next to nothing. Not one specific item. Nothing but platitudes. EXACTLY what one would expect from a pretty talking head. Style, but no substance whatsoever. The sport is doomed.

For instance, she mentions re-organizing the CAA, I thought we just went through that??? Wasn’t that what Steve Lacelle was all about? Now, she comes in, again knowing nothing about cycling as she admits herself, and tells us she wants to dismantle and start again??? (maybe somebody should point out to her there is almost nothing left to tear down. It has already been ripped apart)

We have dismantled enough. Let’s try building something for a change.

She talks of strong relationship with the federal government? Big deal! Sport Canada has maxxed out cycling. They will now be cutting back. Nothing Lafreniere can do about that. We do not need more government money we need to sell the sport to the private sector. She has little record of doing that.

But don’t believe me, read the drivel for yourself.

December 14/06 1:35pm EST - Interview with Lorraine Lafrenière, new CEO of the Canadian Cycling Association (CCA)

Posted by Editor on 12/14/06.

Most people in the Canadian cycling community are aware by now that a new CEO will join the Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) at the beginning of the new year. Lorraine Lafrenière is presently Chief Operating Officer of Coaching Association of Canada (CAC). Prior to that, Ms Lafrenière came to the CAC from the local high tech sector where she held the position of Director, Marketing and Partnerships with Kanatek Technologies, a leading networked storage systems integration company. She also worked with the Canadian Olympic Committee for a number of years, including holding leadership positions with the mission staff at numerous Olympic Summer and Winter Games, Pan American Games, and World Championships. She was Press Chief of the Canadian team at the 1996 Olympics Games in Atlanta.

I had the chance to sit down with Ms Lafrenière shortly after her appointment was announced. We spent nearly an hour discussing cycling in Canada, the CCA, her background, and what she hopes to bring to the CCA. This was as much a 'get to know you' chat as an interview, but below are some broad outlines of what Ms Lafrenière hopes to accomplish.

The main impression I came away with was of a high energy, confident and decisive individual. Steve Lacelle, the previous COO at the CCA, came from a corporate and finance background, while Lafrenière is a sports administrator and marketer. Lafrenière admitted up front that she does not know the sport of cycling, and has a lot to learn about the specifics of the sport, however, at the CAC "I've seen 65 sports, and how they operate. I know people in many sports, and will borrow, beg and steal best practices from everywhere."

I asked Lafrenière what she considered the three greatest priorities facing the CCA are. She says (in no particular order): "Beijing, the partnership with the provinces/territories, and staff/organizational capacity and effectiveness."

In each of these areas there is work to be done.

Beijing - "This is the short term - we are coming to the crunch time - and we need to balance this versus the long term plans. Really, both are a priority, but the reality is that we can't ignore Beijing and not support the athletes."

Partnership with provinces/territories - "Cycling has people who are so dedicated, who want to see things happen. I think that there is frustration (in the relationships with provinces and territories). This is a really big thing; the partnership needs to be defined."

"For example, the LTAD (Long Term Athlete Development) model is a great concept, but it has to be implemented. The reality is different (from the concept), and we can't expect the same of all provinces."

Organizational capacity and effectiveness - "The accountability of the national office needs to improve. We need to be more responsive to our partners - our sponsors, the provinces, the athletes and the coaches."

"I have a very strong partnership with the federal government. This is very important - they want to see where their dollars are going, and see accountability. Part of our job is to make them look good."

"One of the things hockey did after the dismal performance in '98 (Olympics in Nagano) was they had a hockey summit. But the trick is that afterwards you have to do something with everything you brought up. I can do the 'something with it afterwards.' I am here to give focus; all the Board should have to do is oversight - checks and balances."

Lafrenière points to her time at CAC as an example of what she plans to accomplish. "At Coaching I took it from a $3.5 million budget to over $5 million, with sponsorship now up over half a million dollars - now Coaching is hiring a Director of Sponsorship for the first time. I restructured the organization there, so we didn't have nonessential systems that weren't servicing core areas. At Coaching this led to some really difficult times, almost dismantling times. But at the end of it we had a new Board, a new governance structure, and now Coaching is seeing the benefits."

Another area where Ms Lafrenière has identified shortcomings in cycling is in the profile and brand development of the sport. "I went to the website (of the CCA) and there is no public profile on doping, no stand. I thought 'look at all the things we need to work on' . We have a profile to build, partnerships to build, and it's not going to happen overnight."

So what about the finger pointing that goes on towards the success of skiing and swimming? Does she think cycling can aspire to that? "Both of those sports are doing great things; Ken Read in skiing, Pierre Fontaine in swimming, and Anne Merkling in coaching, but cycling is not these sports in Canada ... All of these are examples of best practices. I've already spoken with Anne and told her 'I want to know what you are doing'. I don't have all the answers, the answers will come from our partners and in developing best practices."

"In the past sponsor involvement was seen as goodwill, so you took their (sponsorship) and moved on. Now, we have to involve them more. I see more interest in sponsorship, and these things happen in tandem. When one sponsor sees another step up to the plate, they think 'something's happening there, maybe I should be there.' "

But what about 2010 (Winter Olympics), won't summer sports lose out to all the interest in these Canadian Winter Games?

"You have to fight for it. Yes, you are absolutely right, that there is some of that. But, we do also have the Road to Excellence for summer sports (and cycling has received funding from this program). I know that when you get an Olympic Games in your home country, it is the one time when sport moves off the sports pages, and that can be broader than just the winter sports. There are many opportunities."

I came away with the feeling that Ms Lafrenière recognizes that cycling is at a critical juncture in its development, and looks forward to steering the sport through the turbulent times ahead. The next 18 months should be very interesting...

Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 11:41 AM
To: [email protected]; 'Lister Farrar'; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; 'Curt Harnett'; 'finance'; [email protected]; 'Christie, James'; 'Randy Starkman The Star'; 'Graham Parley The Star'; 'G&M Sports Ed D.Leeder'; 'NP Sports Ron Wadden'; [email protected]; 'Pierre Hamel'; 'sports3'; 'sports2'; 'Kristy Cycling News'; [email protected]; 'Wayne Scanlan'; 'rjones2'; 'Brett Stewart'; [email protected]; [email protected]; 'CP Bill Beacon'; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; 'Marcia Stewart'; [email protected]; [email protected]; 'Bill Kinash'; 'Sylvain Richard'; 'Yvan Martineau'; 'Yvan Martineau'; 'SportDecision'; 'Sport Tribune'; 'Sport Nouvelliste'; 'Sport Le Soleil'; 'Sport La Voix de l'Est'; 'Sport La Presse'; 'Sport Journal de Montréal'; 'Simon Drouin'; 'Robert Jutras'; 'Rob Jones'; 'René Pothier'; 'Réal Labbé'; 'Pierre-Louis Augustin'; 'Pierre Pouliot'; 'Pierre Jury'; 'Pierre Hamel'; 'Pierre Foglia'; 'Michelle Gendron'; 'Mathieu Laberge'; 'Martin Smith'; 'Marie-Josée Turcotte'; 'Marc-André Joanisse'; 'Luce Richard'; 'Luc Bellemare'; 'Louis Hardy'; 'Léandre Drolet'; 'Laurent Godbout'; 'Alain Bergeron'; 'Sport30 - RDS'; 'CKAC-Nouvelles'; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; 'Martin Smith'; [email protected]; [email protected]
Cc: '[email protected]'
Subject: spam: One month and she is still speechless

Fausto Coppied vbmenu_register("postmenu_3110427", true);

Re: CCA unable to learn

It has been about a month since the new Chief Operating Officer at the Canadian Cycling Association, Lorraine Lafrenière, was hired.

As of yet we have yet to hear a word from her. Does she have a plan? Does she have objectives? What are her priorities?

As I expected it will take her at least a year to figure out what is going on and another six months to quit.

Hard to believe that running the sport of cycling in Canada is left to somebody with zero cycling experience again, but there you have it.

More and more wasted time. No action.

Speaking of inaction, as we wind down 2006 are there are any new sponsors for the CCA to report from Marketing Coordinator Kim Sebrango? Will 2007 be as barren as 2006?

There is another dead weight for you.

Do we have a national road series sponsor?

Do we have an overall point’s series sponsor?

Do we have any new road events for men outside of Quebec?

The answer, as usual, is NO.

Fausto Coppied said:
Who was on the selection committee that hired another person without any cycling experience to run the sport in Canada?

Let's get the names of these people and when the new COO resigns, fails or does nothing, like the last guy, we will know who to blame.
CCA selection committee

Lesley Tomlinson
Pierre Blanchard (CCA prez)
Bill Kinash (CCA past prez)

All with equal say in the hiring!

2 of these 3 you have been crowing from the rooftops your praise of their abilities to run the CCA. Bill K you hate.. but I think the feeling is mutual.

How do you like them apples???

If true, I don't like them at all.

Why on God's green earth is Bill Kinash still having a say in anything important after the five years already of fiasco he has imposed on Canadian cycling? Kinash is the jackass who hired the last non-cycling person to run the sport. Kinash is the guy that hired Kim Sebrango for marketing who has done nothing positive in more than 18 months. Kinash is guy that gave away the 2003 Road World Championships to the CFL.

As I entitled this thread, "CCA unable to learn".

So suffer, folks, suffer some more.

And when Lafreniere fails, I'll be there to say, "I told you so", just like I was for Lacelle's failure.

Interesting, Jasminminer joined this forum the day Steve Lacelle left the CCA. He/she has only one post, the one above. Four months of reading and silence.

Date: Dec 18, 2006 5:07 PM
Subject: Is this true?
To: [email protected], [email protected]

Is this true?

How disappointing.

How do two good people makes such a bad choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fausto Coppied

CCA selection committee

Lesley Tomlinson

2 of these 3 you have been crowing from the rooftops your praise of their abilities to run the CCA. Bill K you hate.. but I think the feeling is mutual.

CCA unable to learn If true, I don't like them at all.

Why on God's green earth is Bill Kinash still having a say in anything important after the five years already of fiasco he has imposed on Canadian cycling? Kinash is the jackass who hired the last non-cycling person to run the sport. Kinash is the guy that hired Kim Sebrango for marketing who has done nothing positive in more than 18 months. Kinash is guy that gave away the 2003 Road World Championships to the CFL.

And when Lafreniere fails, I'll be there to say, "I told you so", just like I was for Lacelle's failure

Sooo....what did Leslie and Pierre say, Eddie?

Good day indeed sir!

Fausto Coppied said:
Date: Dec 18, 2006 5:07 PM
Subject: Is this true?
To: [email protected], [email protected]

Is this true?

How disappointing.

How do two good people makes such a bad choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fausto Coppied

CCA selection committee

Lesley Tomlinson

CCA unable to learn If true, I don't like them at all.

And when Lafreniere fails, I'll be there to say, "I told you so", just like I was for Lacelle's failure

Uboat, they have not said anything yet.

I'm not sure I really expect them to either. They screwed up big time. It will come back to bite them in the ass.

I can wait.

I told everybody about two years that Steve Lacelle would prove to be a failure.

He was.

Already the new COO is talking about changing everything which is what Lacelle was supposed to have done.

So, we will wait and watch and lose another two years while this new COO fails because, again they chose somebody without any cycling experience, the only cycling association in the industrialized world to do so.

If Blanchard and Tomlinson are stupid enough to follow Bill Kinash's misguided opinions then they will suffer the same fate. Kinash wa the only one-term CCA President in the last 40 years. Blanchard may be the next if he contniues to take Kinash's advice.

If I do get a response from Tomlinson of Blanchard I'll let you know.

Just for the record I'm assuming you agree with having the sport run by somebody again with NO CYCLING EXPERIENCE AT ALL?

Just for the record--i thought Pierre and Leslie were solid friends and people who you put great stock in their decisions?

Exactly who are you friends with in cycling, then. Or who is friends with you?

Good good day sir.

Fausto Coppied said:
Uboat, they have not said anything yet.

I'm not sure I really expect them to either. They screwed up big time. It will come back to bite them in the ass.

I can wait.

I told everybody about two years that Steve Lacelle would prove to be a failure.

He was.

Already the new COO is talking about changing everything which is what Lacelle was supposed to have done.

So, we will wait and watch and lose another two years while this new COO fails because, again they chose somebody without any cycling experience, the only cycling association in the industrialized world to do so.

If Blanchard and Tomlinson are stupid enough to follow Bill Kinash's misguided opinions then they will suffer the same fate. Kinash wa the only one-term CCA President in the last 40 years. Blanchard may be the next if he contniues to take Kinash's advice.

If I do get a response from Tomlinson of Blanchard I'll let you know.

Just for the record I'm assuming you agree with having the sport run by somebody again with NO CYCLING EXPERIENCE AT ALL?

For the record, Uboat, I have know Pierre for about 20 yeards. I have known Leslie for about 15. I do not know them well. I admire their accomplishments in the sport. Their accomplishments dwarf those of Bil Kinash, if we can point to any at all for him.

That being said, if they chose to saddle cycling with another COO who knows nothing about the sport, they will have failed to improve things. I guarantee you Lafreniere fails. The only question is how long it will take.

How the CCA can keep repeating the same mistake is a mystery to me.

Hiring Lafreniere is an insult to the sport and the professionals involved in it.

Great job that CCA Commincations Director is doing. If you visit the CCA website it still lists Steve Lacelle as the Chief Operating Officer.

Lacelle has been gone for about 5 months. They hired a new COO two months ago

Is the CCA embarassed about hiring Lorraine Lafreniere?

It should be.

Why don't they put her name on the site? What else is the Communcations Directorr doing? They have been only about ten news piece posted on the CCA site in two months