Celebrity Cyclists

ShopperBike

New Member
Nov 24, 2003
Examples I can think of are:-

Madonna,Guy Ritchie,Jonathan Ross,Jon Snow,Geoff Banks,
Kraftwerk,Eric Clapton,Mick Jagger,Richard from Richard & Judy 'fame',Robbie Williams(rides a BMX),Arnie Schwarznegger (rides a Trek),Robin Williams,Tom Hanks(rides a cruiser bike),Leonardo Di Caprio,Doris Day.
Can you think of any other examples?

not quite in the same league, but what about Adam Hart-Davies?

The english scientist who demonstrates all those experiments around the country. He rides everywhere.

Does he count?

I'll try to think of a better one :p

ShopperBike wrote:

> Can you think of any other examples?

GoogleGroups on "Cycling Pop Stars" for when we did this one six weeks ago.

Tony

In article <[email protected]>, usenet-
[email protected] says...
|Examples I can think of are:-
|
|Madonna,Guy Ritchie,Jonathan Ross,Jon Snow,Geoff Banks, Kraftwerk,Eric |Clapton,Mick
Jagger,Richard from Richard & Judy 'fame',Robbie |Williams(rides a BMX),Arnie Schwarznegger (rides
a Trek),Robin |Williams,Tom Hanks(rides a cruiser bike),Leonardo Di Caprio,Doris Day. |Can you
think of any other examples?

|--

careful! That's SIR Mick Jagger now. You'll be off to the Tower then......

On 13 Dec 2003 05:44:36 +1050 someone who may be ShopperBike
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>Can you think of any other examples?

Geoff Hamilton (the BBC replacement for Percy Thrower for youngsters who do not follow gardening
programmes on the television) was riding a bike when he died. I have no idea if this was something
he did regularly. I suspect not, but it is a long hill and could strain the heart of even a
regular cyclist.

On 13 Dec 2003 06:15:09 +1050 someone who may be wardie2000
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>not quite in the same league, but what about Adam Hart-Davies?
>
>The english scientist who demonstrates all those experiments around the country.

I am not sure that he is a scientist.

>He rides everywhere.

Not quite everywhere. I travelled on a train with him (and a number of other people) from Weymouth
once. He did have his disgustingly coloured Brompton with him (it looks worse in real life than on
television), but he was not riding it on the train.

David Hansen wrote:

>> He rides everywhere.
>
> Not quite everywhere. I travelled on a train with him (and a number of other people) from Weymouth
> once. He did have his disgustingly coloured Brompton with him (it looks worse in real life than on
> television), but he was not riding it on the train.

But shurely he was riding the train then. The OP didn't say it had to be a bike ;-)

Tony

"ShopperBike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Examples I can think of are:-
>
> Madonna,Guy Ritchie,Jonathan Ross,Jon Snow,Geoff Banks, Kraftwerk,Eric Clapton,Mick Jagger,Richard
> from Richard & Judy 'fame',Robbie Williams(rides a BMX),Arnie Schwarznegger (rides a Trek),Robin
> Williams,Tom Hanks(rides a cruiser bike),Leonardo Di Caprio,Doris Day. Can you think of any other
> examples?
>

> --

Saw Boris Johnston (blond haired MP loon) biking through Trafalgar Square a couple of yrs ago.

On 13 Dec 2003 05:44:36 +1050, ShopperBike
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Examples I can think of are:-
>
>Madonna,Guy Ritchie,Jonathan Ross,Jon Snow,Geoff Banks, Kraftwerk,Eric Clapton,Mick Jagger,Richard
>from Richard & Judy 'fame',Robbie Williams(rides a BMX),Arnie Schwarznegger (rides a Trek),Robin
>Williams,Tom Hanks(rides a cruiser bike),Leonardo Di Caprio,Doris Day. Can you think of any other
>examples?
Jimmy Saville rode the milk race and Billy Connoly

Paul

The above has been writen with all the accuracy of a builders estimate.

On 13 Dec 2003 06:15:09 +1050, wardie2000
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The english scientist who demonstrates all those experiments around the country. He rides
>everywhere.

Adam Hart-Davies. My MIL taught his son

(my dad taught Eric Morecambe's lad, apparently).

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:25:08 +0000, Paul in D&G
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Jimmy Saville rode the milk race and Billy Connoly

Jimmy Saville riding Billy Connoly? That I would pay to see. Actually on second thoughts I
probably wouldn't.

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

> ShopperBike wrote:
> > Madonna
>
> Why indeed: http://www.phys.uu.nl/~dronkert/cycling/madonna.jpg (careful, you can see boobies and
> I don't mean the bird. Well it is a bird of course).

Is that some kind of saddle buffing device 'twixt the ladys thighs? (The ladies featured in the
photos that arrive in my e-mail <1> don't have those and the pictures in my collection of Parade
magazines don't show The Naughty Bits)

<1>Unsolicited, 'onest Guv.

Pete

> > Jimmy Saville rode the milk race and Billy Connoly
> >

> So the rumours are true then.

Jimmy Saville did ride the Tour of Britain back in the 1950's before it was sponsored by the Milk
Marketing Board. I think it was supported by The Daily Express at the time. Of his experience
Saville once said, 'they timed the event with a stopwatch, except for me for whom they used a
calendar.'

Billy Conolly has said his boyhood dream was to become a professional cyclist and ride the Tour
de France'.

Andy wrote:
> "ShopperBike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Examples I can think of are:-
>>
>> Madonna,Guy Ritchie,Jonathan Ross,Jon Snow,Geoff Banks, Kraftwerk,Eric Clapton,Mick
>> Jagger,Richard from Richard & Judy 'fame',Robbie Williams(rides a BMX),Arnie Schwarznegger (rides
>> a Trek),Robin Williams,Tom Hanks(rides a cruiser bike),Leonardo Di Caprio,Doris Day. Can you
>> think of any other examples?
>>

>> --
>
> Saw Boris Johnston (blond haired MP loon) biking through Trafalgar Square a couple of yrs ago.

Apparently at the recent rugby victory parade BJ was complaining that he couldn't ride his bike
due to the crowds/closed roads. He talked about this on "Have I got news for you". Yes they had
him back as a guest compere and Paul Merton was ripping him a new one.

--
Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam
suffodiant! www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:08:23 GMT, "Soup" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Apparently at the recent rugby victory parade BJ was complaining that he couldn't ride his
> bike due to the crowds/closed roads. He talked about this on "Have I got news for you". Yes
> they had him back as a guest compere and Paul Merton was ripping him a new one.

Boris Johnson is a comedy genius.
--

"Bob"

Email address is spamtrapped.
To reply directly remove the beverage.

Call me Bob wrote: <snip>
> Boris Johnson is a comedy genius.

But for someone to be a "comedy genius" do you not have to laugh at his witticisms rather
than at him?

--
Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam
suffodiant! www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php

Boris Johnson, MP!