cell phone convenience.

Bostonian

Feb 21, 2010
Many of you may have noticed when you are on a bike using a bluetooth earpiece do not work very well for if you receive a call. Most of them tend to pick up the sound of wind more than they pick up the sound of your voice. I found something perfect to help with this.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/ActiveBLU-Wireless-Bluetooth-Helmet-Headset/dp/B000KU7YBI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1266771058&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: ActiveBLU Wireless Bluetooth Helmet Headset: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

It works so well that I have had times when Im going at least 20mph down the street and people on the phone have asked me if Im on my bike.

Awesome! The last thing I want to do when I'm on a bike is actually pay attention to riding!

alienator said:
Awesome! The last thing I want to do when I'm on a bike is actually pay attention to riding!
Next we'll see posts about texting while riding. Looks a little like spam to me.

Bostonian said:
I did not mean this as spam. I am serious about this.

No one took it as spam We were addressing the use of a cell phone while riding. Studies have shown that there's no statistical difference in accident statistics (cars, in this case) between hand held cell phones and hands-free setups.

Bostonian said:
I did not mean this as spam. I am serious about this.
Doesn't look like SPAM to me, I would have nuked the thread if I thought it was. Looks like a potentially useful product, but I wouldn't recommend using it on busy roads.

BTW - welcome to the forum. Great to see another New Englander here. Let us know if we can help you in any way.

just outa curiosity, when was the last time you were on your bike and had a phone call that was too important for it to wait until you could safely stop?

I dunno, i just kinda use riding as a way to get away from everything for an hour or so. the last thing i want is people bugging me about this, that, and the other while im out on a ride

Feltski said:
just outa curiosity, when was the last time you were on your bike and had a phone call that was too important for it to wait until you could safely stop?

I dunno, i just kinda use riding as a way to get away from everything for an hour or so. the last thing i want is people bugging me about this, that, and the other while im out on a ride
I agree. I do carry my cell phone, turned off in my seat bag. I have it so that I can call out if I need help, not so that I can be contacted. I do check it when I stop though as my parents are elderly and emergencies happen.

kdelong said:
I agree. I do carry my cell phone, turned off in my seat bag. I have it so that I can call out if I need help, not so that I can be contacted. I do check it when I stop though as my parents are elderly and emergencies happen.

I do the same thing.

kdelong said:
You lucky man:rolleyes:!

:D

Maybe we should trade for awhile. My Dad talks so softly you can't hear him, and my Mom will tell you stories from 30 years ago until your battery goes dead.

64Paramount said:
:D

Maybe we should trade for awhile. My Dad talks so softly you can't hear him, and my Mom will tell you stories from 30 years ago until your battery goes dead.
My Dad yells because he can't hear you. My Mom orders people around like a drill sergeant, but she suffers from COPD so she talks very slowly. Even so, I'll miss them when they are gone:eek:.

Bostonian said:
It works so well that I have had times when Im going at least 20mph down the street and people on the phone have asked me if Im on my bike.

That would be awesome, since it would let me fool people into thinking that I was still at work when I was really out for a ride in the afternoon. What's your secret for not sounding like you're out of breath when people call?

frenchyge said:
That would be awesome, since it would let me fool people into thinking that I was still at work when I was really out for a ride in the afternoon. What's your secret for not sounding like you're out of breath when people call?

Don't pedal so hard........ :D:D

Feltski said:

Too important to wait until you stop? How long does that take, like 20 seconds or so?

Keep the phone in your pocket unless you break something so bad ya gotta get a rescue.