Cell Phones and Running

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Beach Runner, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    Do to a medical condition, my significant other is freaked out when I
    run, and wants me to carry a cell phone. In two days of running with it
    in a CD carry case the LCDs stopped working. So now I have to replace
    my cell phone. I need something Sprint compatible. What doesn't have
    a problem with running?

    Tags:

  2. On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 06:38:38 GMT, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Do to a medical condition, my significant other is freaked

    Well fer christs sakes man, she's only human. Have you looked in the
    mirror lately? You can hardly blame her, now can you?

    >ut when I
    >run, and wants me to carry a cell phone. In two days of running with it
    >in a CD carry case the LCDs stopped working. So now I have to replace
    >my cell phone. I need something Sprint compatible. What doesn't have
    >a problem with running?

    Get the "TBR Runners techphone". It's the latest in running
    technology, and at $99, it's a steal. Send me the money, and I'll have
    one on the way to you today! And as an added bonus, I am throwing in
    "Range Booster 2000" (2000 feet of extra string) and a third handset
    (Campbells soup can) at no extra charge to you, you only pay shipping
    ($149.00).

  3. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 06:38:38 GMT, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Do to a medical condition, my significant other is freaked

    > Well fer christs sakes man, she's only human. Have you looked in the
    > mirror lately? You can hardly blame her, now can you?
    >

    >>ut when I
    >>run, and wants me to carry a cell phone. In two days of running with it
    >>in a CD carry case the LCDs stopped working. So now I have to replace
    >>my cell phone. I need something Sprint compatible. What doesn't have
    >>a problem with running?

    > Get the "TBR Runners techphone". It's the latest in running
    > technology, and at $99, it's a steal. Send me the money, and I'll have
    > one on the way to you today! And as an added bonus, I am throwing in
    > "Range Booster 2000" (2000 feet of extra string) and a third handset
    > (Campbells soup can) at no extra charge to you, you only pay shipping
    > ($149.00).

    The payments in the mail. Thanks.

    Does anyone have any real suggestions?

  4. On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:37:06 GMT, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The payments in the mail. Thanks.

    I'll ship within 1 business day.

    >Does anyone have any real suggestions?

    Your problem is solved, no reason for anyone else to answer.
    Move along folks, nothing to read here...

  5. Yeah, I'm sure you'll be able to get the phone out of your fanny pack,
    dial 911, AND give the paramedics the info they need to save your
    life.....all while being paralyzed by a massive stroke.

    Have fun out there.

  6. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    Miss Anne Thrope wrote:

    > Yeah, I'm sure you'll be able to get the phone out of your fanny pack,
    > dial 911, AND give the paramedics the info they need to save your
    > life.....all while being paralyzed by a massive stroke.
    >
    > Have fun out there.

    I just need to check in to satisfy a paranoid significant other, also
    recommended by doctor. No strokes.

  7. On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:10:10 GMT, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:

    > No strokes.

    Masturbation DOES count.

  8. bj

    bj Guest

    "Beach Runner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I just need to check in to satisfy a paranoid significant other, also
    > recommended by doctor.

    I carry a (Verizon) VX10 -- I've had it for several years, it's not the
    Latest & Greatest -- & I've never had a problem with it other than the usual
    "no service" in places where there's no signal. I'm not a high mileage
    runner. And my phone is off most of the time (& nobody else knows the
    number, so I don't expect any incoming calls). I also wear a MedicAlert
    bracelet.
    bj

  9. i imagine in cell phone is compatible with running. you dont even have
    to activate the sell phone for 911 to work. just get cheap cell phone
    and pay zero after that.