Centaur 9-speed cassette?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Pete Biggs, Apr 19, 2003.

  1. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Is this similar to the Chorus 9sp cassette with "pre-assembled" pair & three at the big end, or is
    it more like the Veloce? What is the difference exactly? Or is there no such thing, with Chorus
    being supplied instead?

    I've been offered one cheap but can't find any official info on it.

    TIA ~PB

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    > Is this similar to the Chorus 9sp cassette with "pre-assembled" pair & three at the big end, or is
    > it more like the Veloce? What is the difference exactly? Or is there no such thing, with Chorus
    > being supplied instead?
    >
    > I've been offered one cheap but can't find any official info on it.

    The sensible normal Veloce has individual mix-n-matchable cogs. Centaur have the two lowest gears
    rivveted together on a carrier. Chorus-9 use three two-cog pairs on three carriers. Chorus-10 has a
    rivveted carrier for the three lowest cogs then a second carrier for the next two.

  3. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    I saw a bike shop web site warning Phil Wood Waterproof Grease is not for seat posts.

    And looking at the tube, I see it is "For Ball and Roller Bearings"

    Why?

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I saw a bike shop web site warning Phil Wood Waterproof Grease is not for seat posts.
    >
    > And looking at the tube, I see it is "For Ball and Roller Bearings"
    >
    > Why?

    Because someone who thought they knew something about it felt like writing that on a webpage? That's
    the best explanation I can come up with. You may never really know why people write stuff like that.

    Wanna mention who that was?

  5. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    "A Muzi" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > "Jeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I saw a bike shop web site warning Phil Wood Waterproof Grease is not
    for
    > > seat posts.
    > >
    > > And looking at the tube, I see it is "For Ball and Roller Bearings"
    > >
    > > Why?
    >

    > Because someone who thought they knew something about it felt like writing that on a webpage?
    > That's the best explanation I can come up with. You
    may
    > never really know why people write stuff like that.
    >
    > Wanna mention who that was?
    > --

    I would, but it's bad form to ridicule your boss in a public forum.

    --
    Robin Hubert <[email protected]

  6. Pete-<< Is this similar to the Chorus 9sp cassette with "pre-assembled" pair & three at the big end,
    or is it more like the Veloce?

    Chorus has two spidered assemblies, Centaur has one and Veloce are all loose-