Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Centaur Fronts Shifter has 4 positions?

Started by Leozinho · · Last activity · 3 posts · 829 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 May 2005
Last activity
27 May 2005
Original author
Leozinho
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
829
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm trying to make a Campy Centaur 3 triple front shifter work with a double Veloce FD (on a FSA double carbon crank.) All the components are used but appear to be in good condition.

    The Centaur shifter has four 'ratchets' (or positions, I guess.) I was expecting three, and to be able to use just two of them and have the FD limit screws to stop the shifter from using the third position. Instead, I have four clicks, and any single one isn't enough to shift the chain. Well, one will shift it, but not from a properly adjusted position. It takes two clicks.

    Maybe this combination won't work, but I had read that you could turn a triple into a double without much trouble. Any ideas are appreicated.

    The 9 speed rear shifter and 9 speed rear derailleur work flawlessly.

    Thanks.

  2. Leozinho said:

    I'm trying to make a Campy Centaur 3 triple front shifter work with a double Veloce FD (on a FSA double carbon crank.) All the components are used but appear to be in good condition.

    The Centaur shifter has four 'ratchets' (or positions, I guess.) I was expecting three, and to be able to use just two of them and have the FD limit screws to stop the shifter from using the third position. Instead, I have four clicks, and any single one isn't enough to shift the chain. Well, one will shift it, but not from a properly adjusted position. It takes two clicks.

    Maybe this combination won't work, but I had read that you could turn a triple into a double without much trouble. Any ideas are appreicated.

    The 9 speed rear shifter and 9 speed rear derailleur work flawlessly.

    Thanks.

    The shifter has a whole lot more than 3 or 4 'positions' .It's got a somewhat fine ratchet in it and works with double or triple in addition to being easily trimmmed. Properly setup it with shift from small to big ring with one full sweep of the lever. How mny click it uses is irrevalent.

  3. boudreaux said:

    The shifter has a whole lot more than 3 or 4 'positions' .It's got a somewhat fine ratchet in it and works with double or triple in addition to being easily trimmmed. Properly setup it with shift from small to big ring with one full sweep of the lever. How mny click it uses is irrevalent.


    Much obliged, Boudreaux. My mistake was assuming that the FD works like the rear derailluer: one click equals one shift. Thanks.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.