Centaur or Veloce?

dingdangdoo

Jul 15, 2005
Having just done a damn fine job of destroying my chorus rear mech and nearly my rear Shamal at the same time, i am forced into spending some hard earned on repairs that i shouldnt have to be doing.
Firstly i need to find someone (ideally local-ish to Bolton that can comptently replace spokes in a Campg shamal.
Secondly i need to replace my chorus rear mech.
Given how much chorus stuff costs i have decided to not spend over £130 and go for the Centaur alternative at half price, but what of Veloce?
Anyone have any input on if these two pieces of kit actually differ in functionality?

dingdangdoo said:
Having just done a damn fine job of destroying my chorus rear mech and nearly my rear Shamal at the same time, i am forced into spending some hard earned on repairs that i shouldnt have to be doing.
Firstly i need to find someone (ideally local-ish to Bolton that can comptently replace spokes in a Campg shamal.
Given how much chorus stuff costs i have decided to not spend over £130 and go for the Centaur alternative at half price, but what of Veloce?
Anyone have any input on if these two pieces of kit actually differ in functionality?
I went from Veloce to Chorus and the shifting feels a bit smoother, albeit not too drastic of a change. Why downgrade to Veloce though? Save your money and get another Chorus RR.

lohsnest said:
I went from Veloce to Chorus and the shifting feels a bit smoother, albeit not too drastic of a change. Why downgrade to Veloce though? Save your money and get another Chorus RR.
There isn't a huge difference between the groups in terms of realistic performance, but IMO I would just get the Centaur if $$ is an issue. Veloce is not that much cheaper... and if it were me, I would just get the Chorus as well.

dingdangdoo said:

I'm using a Veloce on one of my bikes becuase I was able to get it on sale cheap from Nashbar. Works great-especially for what I paid.