Center pull low profile rear brakes for Hooker TT frame - suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James

I'm putting together a TT bike around an old Hooker TT frame. These frames don't have the brakes on
the seat stays but just behind the bottom bracket. I need center pull brakes with a small enough
profile so that the cranks clear them. Any suggestions? Sources?

Thanks, james

>I'm putting together a TT bike around an old Hooker TT frame. These frames don't have the brakes on
>the seat stays but just behind the bottom bracket. I need center pull brakes with a small enough
>profile so that the cranks clear them. Any suggestions? Sources?

Hookers used their own brakes but off the top of my head a Dura Ace AX might work. Phil Brown

[email protected] (James) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm putting together a TT bike around an old Hooker TT frame. These frames don't have the brakes
> on the seat stays but just behind the bottom bracket. I need center pull brakes with a small
> enough profile so that the cranks clear them. Any suggestions? Sources?
>
> Thanks, james

As Phil said, Hookers had their own brakes. It might be possible to fit a Shimano Dura-Ace AX or
600AX caliper if you can find one or a Modolo Kronos if you can find one unbroken. *Personally*, I
wouldn't trust any of those options-brakes are too vital a system to trust to sketchy components.

Jeff

"James" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm putting together a TT bike around an old Hooker TT frame. These frames don't have the brakes
> on the seat stays but just behind the bottom bracket. I need center pull brakes with a small
> enough profile so that the cranks clear them. Any suggestions? Sources?

Vintage DA AX perhaps?

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Status
Not open for further replies.