Cervelo and Trek...which would you choose?

McDreamy

Jun 20, 2006
I'm looking to upgrade big time from my Giant OCR 3 which I've had for almost 4 years now. Which of these is the best bike in your opinion? Do you think there are any bikes out there that are of similar quality or that might be better? Any opinions welcome. Thanks!:)

McDreamy said:
I'm looking to upgrade big time from my Giant OCR 3 which I've had for almost 4 years now. Which of these is the best bike in your opinion? Do you think there are any bikes out there that are of similar quality or that might be better? Any opinions welcome. Thanks!:)
I've heard a lot of good feedback from people who own Cervelo's... I did however purchase an Orbea Opal this year. I'm very impressed with the bike. It's light, stiff, lively and just compliant enough to take the edge off the bumps in the road.

I would also consider the Orbea if you're looking at carbon bikes.

McDreamy said:
Why not consider the Giant TCR Composite, since you are familiar with the Giant. Unfortunately, I don't own any of your choices, but I do have the Giant TCR 2 (all TCR composites are the same frames; except for the advanced). The other unfortunate things is that you will get as many opinions as you get responses. The best bet is to go test ride one and make the decision on that alone.

When I got the Giant, I was in the market for a Trek .. they were (and still are) hard to find new.

FrankBattle said:
Why not consider the Giant TCR Composite, since you are familiar with the Giant. Unfortunately, I don't own any of your choices, but I do have the Giant TCR 2 (all TCR composites are the same frames; except for the advanced). The other unfortunate things is that you will get as many opinions as you get responses. The best bet is to go test ride one and make the decision on that alone.

When I got the Giant, I was in the market for a Trek .. they were (and still are) hard to find new.

The biggest problem with Giant Frames is the warrenty. If you race or train to race the warrenty is void, or at least in Australia.

Both the Trek and Cevelo warrenties do not have this clause; I have always be suspect on Giant frames as they dont seem to trust their product. I have never seen one die, or heard of it happening, any quite a few of the club members swear by their bikes but I would not by one personally