Cervelo owners I need your feedback

likes to ride

Jul 8, 2007
I have ridden a team issue Trek for a while now but have switched teams where they do not have a bike sponsor. I want a new bike and have read a lot about the Cervelo. I am a cat2, weigh 178 pounds, train 18 hours a week, my stengths are more of a power rider that can bridge gaps or get into a break, but can climb well except steep climbs where the 150 pound riders that are strong go clear. Anyways, I first was eyeing the R3 SL, then the Soloist, but now am considering strongly the SLC which combine the R3 SL with the aero shape of the Soloist. For all those that have an R3, Soloist, and or a SLC, what are your experiences? What are your likes and dislikes?

Thanks.

likes to ride said:
I have ridden a team issue Trek for a while now but have switched teams where they do not have a bike sponsor. I want a new bike and have read a lot about the Cervelo. I am a cat2, weigh 178 pounds, train 18 hours a week, my stengths are more of a power rider that can bridge gaps or get into a break, but can climb well except steep climbs where the 150 pound riders that are strong go clear. Anyways, I first was eyeing the R3 SL, then the Soloist, but now am considering strongly the SLC which combine the R3 SL with the aero shape of the Soloist. For all those that have an R3, Soloist, and or a SLC, what are your experiences? What are your likes and dislikes?

Thanks.
Me - Cat 3, 150#, "punchy" would be a description of my riding style.

Been on an R3 (as well as have my team mates) for 2 yrs. now, a great machine.

handling (very "quick" bike, good cornering, good descending, good navigating a pack), accleration, comfortable, aggressive geometry.

dislikes
- funky seat tube angle makes it difficult to get a level saddle on the stock fsa seat post - tilt seems to either be too far down or up, I switched to a thomson seatpost to fix. For me, very short head tube on frame my size (51) ... I'm kind of longer in the torso than the legs and lack flexibility ... therefore I've got spacers under the handlebars.
- skinny chain stays clunky down tube looked goofy to me at first glance, but now I think they look cool.

Team mate on a soloist carbon, loves it, he's a "jens voigt" type and it suits him perfectly.