Cervelo R3 or R5 versus Orbea Orca GLT or SLT?

rogergurr

Oct 29, 2012
I'm paralysed from analysis /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif
Almost pulled the trigger on the Orca and saw lots of R3s & R5 at a local meet ... and they seem to go like the breeze.
Pricing is not that different + reviews for both are great.
I intend to use the new bike for racing & spirited training/group rides...keeping my current more comfort-focussed bike for longer rides & sportifs - I'm a fit 58 male & weigh 75kgs/157.5lbs, height 185cms/'6ft
What would be your deciding factor in separating these 2 great bikes?

You really can't go wrong either way. They're both very nice bikes and neither will be measurably faster nor slower when ridden by the same rider.

Best bet is to test ride both of them, figure out if one fits you better and see if you just really like one vs. the other for ride quality, aesthetics, price point or other reasons. If they're still tied then pick the one sold by the local shop you like better and where you'd prefer to take it for tuneups, fitting and the like. If they're still a tie then flip a coin as neither is substantially better or worse than the other.

Have fun with your new bike whichever way you go.

-Dave

for anyone's interest ... I've gone for the Cervelo R5.
after a touch more research, went for the Cervelo PLUS they are sold & serviced by the LBS I liked better
going crazy now just waiting for delivery :)