Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Cervelo RS/Ultegra

Started by Goose5 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 2,332 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
9 January 2011
Last activity
9 January 2011
Original author
Goose5
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,332
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. After 20 years of riding a Cannondale 3.0 I have decided its time for a new bike. After deciding this I expected a few months worth of looking. Since I'm 50 this year I decided on one of the plush models. I have never been on any carbon frame and don't know what to expect. So I wanted to see the Look 566. Cannondale Synapse, Cervelo R3 and the RS. I walked into Colorado Cyclist to have a look at the Douglas Matrix. For the price and Sram Red I had to look, but I didn't talk to anyone they were really busy and the family was in the car. The first door I walked through I found a Cervelo RS/Ultegra build on closeout for 2,600 dollars. Any thoughts?

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by Goose5 [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    After 20 years of riding a Cannondale 3.0 I have decided its time for a new bike. After deciding this I expected a few months worth of looking. Since I'm 50 this year I decided on one of the plush models. I have never been on any carbon frame and don't know what to expect. So I wanted to see the Look 566. Cannondale Synapse, Cervelo R3 and the RS. I walked into Colorado Cyclist to have a look at the Douglas Matrix. For the price and Sram Red I had to look, but I didn't talk to anyone they were really busy and the family was in the car. The first door I walked through I found a Cervelo RS/Ultegra build on closeout for 2,600 dollars. Any thoughts?

    googled cervelo rs / ultegra came up with 2199.00 at competitive cyclist. seems to be the most relaxed geometry of the three bikes , with a longer head tube than the rest . the Look / ultegra seemed to have a little bit more of an aggressive positioning in it's geometry - however I had a hard time understanding the Look geometry chart compared to the others, found the Look 566 ultegra for 2699.00 .googled and found the cervelo R3 / ultegra at Arts cyclery for 3199.00 , seemed to be somewhere in between the two other bikes as far as geometries goes .these bikes are enough of an investment that you gotta test ride them for certain (I'm sure you already know that ) all three of the bikes that I googled were 2010 models and all of them are exceptionally nice bikes . I would like to hear what you have to say about the positioning / geometries (especially if you get to test ride them .
    hopefully someone else in this forum has some good advice
    I am open to any corrections about these bikes and their geometries . good luck goose5

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.