downtube. What is this like in any sort of cross wind? When you're
passed by a car or truck? Anyone here in Brisbane ridden one across
the Goodwill Bridge on a windy day?

Of course, CSC use them for training. They're probably better bike-
handlers than me (and faster).

Any advice appreciated.

Regards,
Ian Golledge

On 2007-03-02, [email protected] (aka Bruce)
> If I'm very well behaved this year, I may, around Xmas, get myself the
> aluminium Soloist Team.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nice name.

-- Ti "Team Soloist. Anyone want to sponsor?" mC.

Hi, All.

If I'm very well behaved this year, I may, around Xmas, get myself the
aluminium Soloist Team. But I just can't get my head around the aero
downtube. What is this like in any sort of cross wind? When you're
passed by a car or truck? Anyone here in Brisbane ridden one across
the Goodwill Bridge on a windy day?

Of course, CSC use them for training. They're probably better bike-
handlers than me (and faster).

Any advice appreciated.

Regards,
Ian Golledge
I haven't ridden one so I could not be sure BUT - the downtube on my Scott CR1 is almost that diameter and I don't find cross-winds a massive problem. I have not read any comments suggesting that the Soloist was difficult to control in wind, so you should be OK.

BTW - when I bought my Scott frame I was trying to decide between it and the Soloist Alu (and have read about a few people on these forums having to make the same decision - seems to be a common dilemma!). The only thing that tipped me in favour of the Scott was that a Cervelo dealer steered me away from the Soloist as a non-racing bike as, in his opinion, the ride was a bit harsh (maybe he just wanted to sell me an Orbea, his other stocked brand!). Maybe it's not that bad - the reviews on the Soloist are generally very good!

On Mar 2, 11:34 am, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi, All.
>
> If I'm very well behaved this year, I may, around Xmas, get myself the
> aluminium Soloist Team. But I just can't get my head around the aero
> downtube. What is this like in any sort of cross wind?

You're huge, it's tiny.

Hi, All.

If I'm very well behaved this year, I may, around Xmas, get myself the
aluminium Soloist Team. But I just can't get my head around the aero
downtube. What is this like in any sort of cross wind? When you're
passed by a car or truck? Anyone here in Brisbane ridden one across
the Goodwill Bridge on a windy day?

Of course, CSC use them for training. They're probably better bike-
handlers than me (and faster).

Any advice appreciated.

Regards,
Ian Golledge

They are fine in a crosswind, no worries at all. Great handling, great all round bike. 20,000km on one says so.

Wheels will have a bigger impact on crosswind handling.

I ride on one too, and I have had it for several years, and never even thought about it, so I do not think you need to worry about that.

I do NOT find it harsh, and I compare it to a 1990s columbus spx vicini.
Sure it is stiffer, that is noteiceable, and not as soft, but I would not call it harsh.

I am riding a "round the bay race" in sweden, 300 kms, in June, and I am not worried about the bike causing me fatigue.

On Mar 4, 1:51 pm, Claes <[email protected]>
wrote:
> I ride on one too, and I have had it for several years, and never even
> thought about it, so I do not think you need to worry about that.
>
> I do NOT find it harsh, and I compare it to a 1990s columbus spx
> vicini.
> Sure it is stiffer, that is noteiceable, and not as soft, but I would
> not call it harsh.
>
> I am riding a "round the bay race" in sweden, 300 kms, in June, and I
> am not worried about the bike causing me fatigue.
>
> --
> Claes

Great. Thanks for the info, All.

Ian