Cervelo Soloist Carbon

690MBCOMMANDO

Aug 14, 2004
Anyone have this bike yet and can comment after some field use? I've tested it and seems very stiff and fast - wondering how it'll be on longer rides....

I didn't reply to your post earlier because I don't own a Carbon Soloist. I thought you'd get a few more responses but I guess there aren't that many of them out there yet. I can't afford one right now because I just bought a new Tri bike (P2-SL).

I rode next to a guy, earlier in the fall on a group ride, who did have one though and I asked him plenty of questions about it! He loves it, he'd put tons of miles on it already with no complaints.

In fact, I'm quite jealous! You've got a hell of a ride there! My road bike is a Marinoni but when I get the chance to upgrade it, I'll look at the soloist (carbon if I can afford it) or the R3. I'm very impressed with the work Cervelo is doing on bikes. IMHO it's cutting edge!

Happy riding!

friedmikey said:
Those seatstays on the R3 scare me.
Yeah, they look a little thin but if the CSC pros have tested them over cobblestones, I gotta believe they'd hold up under anything I could put them through!

The bike is great!!! I love it. I rode one on loan once and I loved it. Its pretty (very important);) , handles well, and is very responsive. Hope you like it as much as I do,
your friend in cycling

I got the Aluminum 2003 Cervelo Soloist Team Frame and fork on ebay for $968 shipped. Built it up with Dura Ace 9 and Ksyriums SL's, but right now I have HED 3's on it. Of all my 4 road bikes - it's the fastest and lightest one. I hit a top speed of 32.9 mph Flats no wind on it - only did 31.1 mph on my 05 Kestrel Talon (Ultegra 9 , Eurus).

I think the CF Soloist is faster and nicer, but I don't like the stock fork and I think paying $3000 is too much just for the framesets. I would buy this frameset if it cost only $1800 - probably that'll never happen except on ebay.

My Kestrel Talon and 2004.5 Giant Ocr 1 give a more comfortable ride than my Soloist.

Thanks everyone. The bike is stiffer than the Soloist (which I also have is already very stiff) but is more compliant and more comfortable.

I just placed an order for one with Campy Carbon Record, Zero Grav Ti Brakes, Bora Ultra hoops, K-Wing/K-force bars and stem, etc. etc. How's that for a Valentine gift from the wifey :eek:

Will let you guys know how they are after some field testing....

That's a real nice bike you have. What's your top speed and best avg speed on it? How much did it cost in all?

You must be rich or you and your wife must be some highly paid professionals or a business owner. What do you and your wife do for a living?

An AL Soloist Team with HED 3's and all Dura Ace 9 is all I can afford (among my 13 bikes).

JTE83 said:
That's a real nice bike you have. What's your top speed and best avg speed on it? How much did it cost in all?

You must be rich or you and your wife must be some highly paid professionals or a business owner. What do you and your wife do for a living?

An AL Soloist Team with HED 3's and all Dura Ace 9 is all I can afford (among my 13 bikes).
Wow 13 bikes!

swampy1970 said:
... and he can't ride any of them fast but he sure has one that matches each one of his favorite womens panties.

Now he's given up on road bikes and says he's a bad ass huckster on BMX bikes, all so he can hang with the 10 y.o. boys at the skate park. He says nothing tastes as good as 10 y.o. Vienna sausages.

alienator said:
Now he's given up on road bikes and says he's a bad ass huckster on BMX bikes, all so he can hang with the 10 y.o. boys at the skate park. He says nothing tastes as good as 10 y.o. Vienna sausages.
If he's so bad ass, where are his videos? Or is he just starting a BMX Museum?

kdelong said:
If he's so bad ass, where are his videos? Or is he just starting a BMX Museum?

YouTube is still building its badass tranny huckster section. Just you wait. Soon there will be libraries full of videos of him with Vaseline on his head, spinning around on the ground; doing jumps over squirrels and gerbils on his Hutch, all while sporting a smart, floral wrap from the Cheryl Tiegs collection; and strutting back and forth in his bedroom, in front of the videocam, modeling his fashion tribute to Anne Ramsey.

alienator said:
YouTube is still building its badass tranny huckster section. Just you wait. Soon there will be libraries full of videos of him with Vaseline on his head, spinning around on the ground; doing jumps over squirrels and gerbils on his Hutch, all while sporting a smart, floral wrap from the Cheryl Tiegs collection; and strutting back and forth in his bedroom, in front of the videocam, modeling his fashion tribute to Anne Ramsey.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLM6YGhqAZI&feature=related