Cervelo Soloist team frameset ordered

deckard

Feb 22, 2006
Ordered the 2006 Cervelo Soloist Team frameset. Decided this was the best way to go to build my own road/tri bike. Will be in mid April.:D

I prefer the 2003 model. It has a better aerodynamic fork than the 06. And I hate the Alpha Q fork. Tyler Hamilton won LBL on the 2003 model.

Mine built up with Ksyrium SL's, all Dura Ace, 51 cm, Less 199 bars - weighs 17.4 lbs. It's my fastest bike and I hit 32.9 mph on it (flats no wind).

Show us a pic of your built bike!

As soon as it's built I'll post PICS. These frames are backordered so mid April is arrival date.

Please post pics when you build it up. That is truly one sexy frame, congrats on the purchase.

JTE83 said:
I prefer the 2003 model. It has a better aerodynamic fork than the 06. And I hate the Alpha Q fork. Tyler Hamilton won LBL on the 2003 model.

Mine built up with Ksyrium SL's, all Dura Ace, 51 cm, Less 199 bars - weighs 17.4 lbs. It's my fastest bike and I hit 32.9 mph on it (flats no wind).

Show us a pic of your built bike!

Cervelo bikes are now being shipped with Wolf forks that are more aero than the Alpha Qs. I emailed Cervelo to make sure the Wolf forks will be on the Soloist Carbon I recently ordered.

Got myself a Cervelo Soloist Team recently too! 2005 model with stock Centaur 10 speed. Love it! Never going back to Shimano. =P

Izzy G.

IzzyG said:
Got myself a Cervelo Soloist Team recently too! 2005 model with stock Centaur 10 speed. Love it! Never going back to Shimano. =P

Izzy G.

What's there to hate about Shimano other than you can't fix the shifters? I hate Campy shifters.

JTE83 said:
What's there to hate about Shimano other than you can't fix the shifters? I hate Campy shifters.
I like the thumb shifting, feels more natural to me. It's a personal preference though. No offence to the Shimano camps. =P

Izzy G.

Nothing is hotter than the 06 Soloist...I just built one up for a customer, absolutely amazing bike. Super stiff and comfortable. Fast, light, responsive. What else do you need???

JTE83 said:
I absolutely hated the way the hoods felt, highly subjective, I know. Not even the Dura Ace with their different shape appealed to me. Campy is where its at for me.

etnerual said:
Cervelo bikes are now being shipped with Wolf forks that are more aero than the Alpha Qs. I emailed Cervelo to make sure the Wolf forks will be on the Soloist Carbon I recently ordered.

FWIW many complaints about Wolf Forks being unforgiving. That is why the wolf forks on the Cervelo R2.5s were later replaced with Reynolds by Cervelo. Don't know why they're putting them back unless Wolf has addressed the issue.