Cervelo Test Team that doesnt look like Test Team

Vanquish

Mar 18, 2007
Hoping someone more connected can answer this for me, Cervelo launched a line of clothing pre: TDF that PBK and everyone else sold it consisted of Black jersey with white wings, red arm cuffs and black bib nicks gloves with all the usual sponsors etc, and then while watching TDF all CTT team riders where riding white Cervelo jerseys and bib knicks...what's with that? So my Test Team kit doesnt even look like theTest Team kit...?

Vanquish said:
Hoping someone more connected can answer this for me, Cervelo launched a line of clothing pre: TDF that PBK and everyone else sold it consisted of Black jersey with white wings, red arm cuffs and black bib nicks gloves with all the usual sponsors etc, and then while watching TDF all CTT team riders where riding white Cervelo jerseys and bib knicks...what's with that? So my Test Team kit doesnt even look like theTest Team kit...?

No biggee. They made a change.

They wore black in the earlier season races, and white in the TdF. Same overall kit design. Maybe it was a temperature issue, who knows?

Don't worry, people will still know you're not on the CTT either way. :p

alienator said:
No biggee. They made a change.
No Bigee? If (hypothetically) My red Ferrari I ordered came in Volxswagon Green I would have a problem and if my Yellow livestrong band came in Malboro red I would have a problem and yeahh if a team says this is our team shirt and is the team shirt they sell to there sponsors/followers yeah I have a problem - its false advertising. I notice everybody else's team clothing was what the tdf riders wore. Otherwise if I wanted a team spec bike and it came with 105 Yes it would still be a problem. The answer is simple, if your going to advertise, sell and distribute something as team clothing make sure the damn team wears it!

Vanquish said:
No Bigee? If (hypothetically) My red Ferrari I ordered came in Volxswagon Green I would have a problem and if my Yellow livestrong band came in Malboro red I would have a problem and yeahh if a team says this is our team shirt and is the team shirt they sell to there sponsors/followers yeah I have a problem - its false advertising. I notice everybody else's team clothing was what the tdf riders wore. Otherwise if I wanted a team spec bike and it came with 105 Yes it would still be a problem. The answer is simple, if your going to advertise, sell and distribute something as team clothing make sure the damn team wears it!
You are looking at this the wrong way ...

Teams often have more than one jersey style ... it is most noticeable from season to season.

Since you are a fan of the recently created (i.e., just this season) Cervelo Test Team, you should be looking at your "black" kit as being a potential collector's edition & this as an opportunity to buy a new kit ... which you may need to do in 2010-and-beyond if you want to keep-up-to-date with what the team is wearing.

BTW/FWIW. I think Credit Agricole is probably extraordinary for NOT changing the look of their jerseys.

AND, I agree that the white kit may have been because of the anticipated temperatures ... it could have been due to a request from the riders.

Vanquish said:

Nope. No biggee. You got what was their team colors. There was no implicit promise those would be the team colors until the end of time. Quit being so childish and grow up. By your own standards, the team did where the kit you have. You don't have a leg to stand on. Why is it that you have such a pressing need to look like someone dressing up like some on Cervelo's team, eh?

frenchyge said:
They wore black in the earlier season races, and white in the TdF. Same overall kit design. Maybe it was a temperature issue, who knows?

Don't worry, people will still know you're not on the CTT either way. :p

blasted if i can remember where i've read it, but you are on the right track with the change to white. as much as to keep the riders cooler, but vroomen (?) metioned that they'd made the change even as much as to give their riders a psychological edge as long as they believed they were staying cooler than their opponents.

alienator said:
Nope. No biggee. You got what was their team colors. There was no implicit promise those would be the team colors until the end of time. Quit being so childish and grow up. By your own standards, the team did where the kit you have. You don't have a leg to stand on. Why is it that you have such a pressing need to look like someone dressing up like some on Cervelo's team, eh?

No leg to stand on?? I wasnt posed to sue or anything and well there is kinda an unwritten promise isnt there.. Test team jersey should be the test team jersey or do you have some sort of difficulty understanding this, running up to tdf they where wearing that colour and then no.
Childish? that's a very personal attack dont you think? If you dont like my statement and you like to order things to find out that's not what they are, then go for it ebay is full of things for you to buy 'ala' luckydip.

On a marketing level why do you think these clothing companies sell so much team gear if it wasnt for followers of a particular rider, team, bike? Its perfectly acceptable, condoned and financially beneficial to advertise in this way, otherwise all this gear would be a lot cheaper and we would all be riding no-name bikes and components not running ultegra sram etc, coz the bigboys use it.

Anyway the black cervelo kit looks cool no doubt about it but if i wanted some black kit i couldve bought anything else, instead of buying something i thought the tdf team would be wearing. Thats it

alfeng said:
You are looking at this the wrong way ...

Teams often have more than one jersey style ... it is most noticeable from season to season.

Since you are a fan of the recently created (i.e., just this season) Cervelo Test Team, you should be looking at your "black" kit as being a potential collector's edition & this as an opportunity to buy a new kit ... which you may need to do in 2010-and-beyond if you want to keep-up-to-date with what the team is wearing.

BTW/FWIW. I think Credit Agricole is probably extraordinary for NOT changing the look of their jerseys.

AND, I agree that the white kit may have been because of the anticipated temperatures ... it could have been due to a request from the riders.

thanks for your view, sadly i have worn it to the point the smell probably is permanent. :) so no chance of saving it now :))

You know, I bought a Red Sox jersey a few years ago, and now I see they wear different jerseys from game to game! The outrage! It was supposed to be "Authentic"!

Andy Somnifac said:
You know, I bought a Red Sox jersey a few years ago, and now I see they wear different jerseys from game to game! The outrage! It was supposed to be "Authentic"!

I think there's a class action suit being prepared for litigants who became heavily invested in red socks, only to find out that the professional team uniform no longer features outwardly visible socks at all! :eek: Talk about false advertising!

So sorry for your loss. Possibly you could get in on that filing as well.