Cervelo Vs. Giant

zach1arson

May 4, 2015
Hey guys,

First time poster here. I searched the forum and could not find any specific information about these two bikes, if I am mistaken please let me know so I can take down this post!

So, I am new to cycling but have been interesting in beginning for a long time. I know that if I buy a "cheap" bike, I will regret it soon and thus want to purchase a carbon frame with good components off the bat.

As of now, I am between the Cervelo R2 and Giant Propel Advanced 1 or 2. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of both these bikes.

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Reactions: steve
Pretty much all bikes in that range are good bikes, and you really can't go wrong with any of them. When you are talking carbon frame and the 105 group set or above. You're in the "happy" zone and it really comes down to which bike suits you better.

If you stick with the hobby for years and years you can start to compare and contrast more, or start to look at specific geometry so the bike can be fit to you better.

Ride both of you can and really it comes down to looks, ride, and the shop you're buying it at.

Giant is probably the better value, but cevelo is a sexier name. If it were me I'd probably go with the Giant Propel Advanced 1. Cevelo bikes look sexy and all but I know quite a few people that have had frame issues. Giant makes great bikes, just not always sexy bikes.

Reactions: zach1arson
@ABNPFDR

Thank you very much for the response. I definitely plan on riding both bikes before making a purchase.

Any other input on both models is much appreciated.

If I was making this decision I'd probably go with the least heavy bike. Cervelo generally produces high quality bikes for a higher price, Giant produces some good cheaper bikes. It's difficult to say really.