Cervelo - what's all the fuss about?

I do believe that Calfee frame I'm thinking of getting isn't made in China...

Certainly something about Cervelo? Yeah, there is alright: they invest a lot more than other companies in writing the most outlandish BS about their bikes. The Cervelo marketing dept. has got to be one of the largest dept's in their company.

alienator said:
Certainly something about Cervelo? Yeah, there is alright: they invest a lot more than other companies in writing the most outlandish BS about their bikes. The Cervelo marketing dept. has got to be one of the largest dept's in their company.
\

And one of the best graphic design dept's...:)

alienator said:
Alright, that's one that was wrong. Still don't see how "all" frames are made in the Far East. Absolute statement quite frequently end up being wrong.

I'll substitute Guru for Argon 18, since Guru frames are made in Canada.

Here's a good reference to see where your bike was made.

Where was my bike made? - allanti.com

alienator said:

Don't forget, Cervelos seem to have a much higher change of cracking around the BB shell than many other carbon frames for some reason...

As for carbon only being produced overseas, all of Trek's 5 and 6 series madone frames are still hand made in Wisconsin. All of their parts that are made of OCLV carbon are also all hand made in Wisconsin. It is the TCT and HCM products that are produced overseas.

A friend of mine's aluminium Cervelo frame cracked at the seatpost end. After that happened we heard of a few other alloy ones cracking too:(.

Cervelos look good, have a good race record...but its just another frame.

Speaking of prices; here in New Zealand where our dollar is worth like 77 US cents at the 'mo the top of the line, lightest and (apparently) greatest Scott is listed at $21 000 full retail.
I bet they haven't or won't move many of them:rolleyes: