Cf aero wheels

Froze - obviously I didn't mean that because as anyone can see, you don't have any friends.

Froze - obviously I didn't mean that because as anyone can see, you don't have any friends.

HAHAHHAHAHA, yeah, like you have so many friends here. The amount of friends you have here are probably 0 maybe 1, which may reflect how many you have where you live IF you behave around people where you live like you do here. The odd thing about people is how they act on forums or internet social sites is different then they act around coworkers, neighbors, friends, and family because they can hide behind a stage name and go off and act like jerks like you do that you probably don't really act like that in real life.

So let's see if you can act like you would around friends you have at home from now on instead of acting like jerk like you do around here. Just try it, you might find friends here if you try doing that.

HAHAHHAHAHA, yeah, like you have so many friends here. The amount of friends you have here are probably 0 maybe 1, which may reflect how many you have where you live IF you behave around people where you live like you do here. The odd thing about people is how they act on forums or internet social sites is different then they act around coworkers, neighbors, friends, and family because they can hide behind a stage name and go off and act like jerks like you do that you probably don't really act like that in real life.

So let's see if you can act like you would around friends you have at home from now on instead of acting like jerk like you do around here. Just try it, you might find friends here if you try doing that.
Oh, I very much agree with you there. But here isn't the real world. In the real world people don't say "you don't know what you're talking about" to a person that visited Bell when they were first making helmets and discussing the standards and why they were limited in what they can do. To someone that went on to publish a paper showing that they don't do much of anything and someone that was the safety director of a racing organization.

In the real world they lock up people like CampyBob who went into a screaming hissy fit in which he used language normally that would get him knocked on his ass in the real world just for being one order of magnitude off on a first approximation.

And in the real world people like Brian would be a nice guy instead of the contrary argumentative little child he behaves like here.

And this makes me wonder why I have this effect on people. On other groups I have people who have done nothing their entire lives but tour telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about when I discuss racing bikes. They've never even owned a bike with a chain ring larger than 48.

Jobst Brandt became so enraged when I told people not to ride like him - to climb steep hills in a 46-21 - that he actually posted a map to my house and suggested people should throw rocks through my mother's windows. I didn't live there - it was a house my mother owned and I just helped her pay off the mortgage. Someone else posted a map to an old lady's house that had the same last name as me and did the same because Jobst was once thought of as THE authority. In Croatia my name is as common as Smith here. There are 27 people with the same first and last name in this country alone and none of them are related. There is even one in my present town.

I rode with Jobst. He was fast and a good rider. But he would put people riding with him in danger without a single warning I guess he didn't like me warning people. Descending at 25 mph he would swerve off the road onto a dirt track without warning.

Portland, OR, is the asshole of existence. In the downtown business district like in San Francisco there is drug paraphernalia everywhere. But unlike San Francisco, in all of the business entrances in the morning there are human feces. Maybe they think the continuous rain will wash it away. The smell pervades the entire city. Some lawyer will talk about what a wonderful place that is on a cycling group. If I actually tell people what its like when you ride the Seattle-Portland he denies it. All of the major businesses have left Portland because of this so why deny it?

So I suppose I don't have a lot of friends on these sorts of groups because I have actually done things. My professional career is impressive. My hobbies off work were good too. I am reminded that my father listened to the telegrapher on the railroad and read his written messages afterwards and so learned how to telegraph fast enough that he could sit in for the telegrapher if he wanted to go for lunch. If that offends the Disneyland people so be it.

Yawn...let see, what time is it? Oh, I see it's BS time...back to sleep I go.
Well, you sure must have a cold and lonely life. That the only thing that you had to cling to was a safety helmet surely would save your life and then being presented with evidence it does not.

While you're sleeping, I would like to repeat for actual rider's benefits the good service I've had with the cheap all carbon CLINCHER wheelsets from China.

Now if you go through the videos you find people that have put 12,000 km on theirs with hardly any problems - a mm or two out of alignment after that amount of time. Others had nipple failures because the wheels have steel spokes and aluminum nipples. This means that there IS a limited time on these wheels from the electrolytic reactions between these two metals in the presence of an electrolyte such as salty meltwater from snow and the like. There is also the problem that not every rim is going to show any signs of delamination immediately and will do that eventually under use.

But I have to underscore that if you buy through Ebay you have a guarantee to get a working wheel for some time. So putting the wheels together and riding them at pressure will rapidly show any immediate signs of problems. And without these rapidly showing problems you could still buy four sets and wear them out for the cost of a similar wheelset sold over the counter here.

So in very good weather parts of the year I'll use my carbon bike with carbon wheels. In the more questionable parts of the year I have my Basso Loto and my Pinarello Stelvio.

It is absolutely incredible that you don't know about stainless steel spokes and nipples! All you had to do was look it up. https://www.amazon.com/Bavel-Stainl...pID=51YwKGgBd9L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Since these are commonly used in strong wheels like MTB wheels and road wheels built for heavy riders and because the torque on these carbon wheels is through the ceiling I assumed that they would use steel ..

That link doesn't work any longer. But here's a very similar one from the same seller:https://www.amazon.com/Bavel-Stainl...8&qid=1547113959&sr=8-3&keywords=bavel+spokes

Let me direct your attention to this piece:"The spokes are stainless steel,and the w/Nipples is Copper"

Now, I don't think it's copper either, but rather the all dominating coated brass.
I think you're confusing inaccurate marketing writing with an exact spec.
People write "stainless steel spokes with nipples" where it should have been "stainless steel spokes with nickel-coated brass nipples" Or possibly "with aluminium nipples".
The reason being - apart from readability and laziness - that the nickel-coated brass nipples are the industry standard the overwhelmingly most common choice, so there's very little need to point it out.
It'd be similar to saying "takeaway coffee, lid included".

To forego any objections: you can post links to ads and listings stating "stainless steel spokes and nipples" from here to eternity, and I'll hold on to my interpretation until you find one that specifically states "nipples are stainless steel".

...since aluminum nipples don't get along well with the steel aero spokes used on all of these wheels.
And you think SS-on-SS would get along significantly better?

.. because the torque on these carbon wheels is through the ceiling..
Here's a hint: push the rim sideways to unload the spoke before turning the nipple. Easy-peasy. No scary torque to deal with. Assuming a sturdy enough trueing stand/wheel building jig, not a problem.

Let me begin this again - the installed spokes stuck above the level of the top of the nipple. Since they were using that locking stuff, when you loosened the spoke up, it filled the hole with that gunk and even loosened you could not insert a spoke from the top side.....This sealant is used all over the place these days
Are you talking about threadlock or tire sealant?

... you have to either be a manufacturer to get your hands on it....

If you're talking about threadlock, you're actually right there.
Finding a threadlock that can be applied beforehand and dries up just right is tricky.
OTOH, getting hold of the regular anaerobic stuff in several grades of strength is easy enough.

you use tire sealant since it has the same effect.

You're suggesting the deliberate use of tire sealant as threadlock?

That link doesn't work any longer. But here's a very similar one from the same seller:https://www.amazon.com/Bavel-Stainl...8&qid=1547113959&sr=8-3&keywords=bavel+spokes

Let me direct your attention to this piece:"The spokes are stainless steel,and the w/Nipples is Copper"

Now, I don't think it's copper either, but rather the all dominating coated brass.
I think you're confusing inaccurate marketing writing with an exact spec.
People write "stainless steel spokes with nipples" where it should have been "stainless steel spokes with nickel-coated brass nipples" Or possibly "with aluminium nipples".
The reason being - apart from readability and laziness - that the nickel-coated brass nipples are the industry standard the overwhelmingly most common choice, so there's very little need to point it out.
It'd be similar to saying "takeaway coffee, lid included".

To forego any objections: you can post links to ads and listings stating "stainless steel spokes and nipples" from here to eternity, and I'll hold on to my interpretation until you find one that specifically states "nipples are stainless steel".

And you think SS-on-SS would get along significantly better?

Here's a hint: push the rim sideways to unload the spoke before turning the nipple. Easy-peasy. No scary torque to deal with. Assuming a sturdy enough trueing stand/wheel building jig, not a problem.

Are you talking about threadlock or tire sealant?

If you're talking about threadlock, you're actually right there.
Finding a threadlock that can be applied beforehand and dries up just right is tricky.
OTOH, getting hold of the regular anaerobic stuff in several grades of strength is easy enough.

You're suggesting the deliberate use of tire sealant as threadlock?

I don't follow you here. The spokes that were on these carbon tubeless wheels were aero and the nipples were aluminum. It appeared to me though it might not have been, that before the nipples had been inserted they had a squirt of the industrial use blue Locktite that isn't the same as you would buy over-the-counter. Once tight, this plasticy kind of stuff would lock VERY solid and it was difficult to loosen it to make any changes to the trueness of the wheel. Because these wheels aren't "trued" in the normal sense of the word but are almost entirely trued by torque on the nipples they are sometimes off a MM or so. I true them to spot on.

ALL of the companies that were selling the Tubeless carbon wheels from China (the cheap ones) closed shop and Paypal was stuck for the repayment from the failures.

There appear to be a few American companies that are selling all carbon wheels that are supposedly Tubeless but they weigh more than the aluminum rims with carbon fairings such as Campy Borons. And they are in the over $1,700 range last time I looked.

A tire and innertube is NOT like a tubeless tire in the manner in which the forces are allied through the tire to the rim regardless of those who say otherwise. A tube pushes the top of the tire up away from the rim and the rim doesn't receive as much outer pressure for any psi. Though I am certain that if the cord doesn't fail you could inflate a tube to enough pressure to blow a rim out sideways. But that outward pressure would be achieved at a much loser psi with a tubeless.

Believe me, I have broken four carbon tubeless rims and they were built as well as the carbon tube tires I have. I broke the tubeless at 80 psi or less and the tube rims have no problems with 120 psi. I run about 80-90 in the tube rims but inflated them to 120 to be sure that they wouldn't break on me.