CF lugged or non-lugged.

Bolter03

Oct 22, 2007
Also posted in tech but perhaps it is more of a new bike type question so posted here as well.

Currently...a 2001 Bianchi Mega-Pro Al. Love the acceleration but the ride is killing me (the Seat and Chainstays are Al) after about 40mins. I was warned of this before buying the bike but the component set alone was worth more than I paid for the bike.

So now I am looking to upgrade the frame and have found some pretty decent deals. Bianchi 928 L and Luna are the lugged models but found at least one post that said there was some shimmy in fast descents...the only negative post that I have found on this frame type.

Otherwise I am looking at the new 928 non-lugged and trying to make the decision.

Anybody have perspectives, experiences, opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Reports on weightweenies claim the non lugged 928 is a much better ride.

I like lugged as you get a very large assortment of sizes for a perfect fit i.e. Colnago.

JeremyP said:
Reports on weightweenies claim the non lugged 928 is a much better ride.

I like lugged as you get a very large assortment of sizes for a perfect fit i.e. Colnago.
I am debating right now on 928C2C the 928SL and the 928L. I know the C2C will be heavier but they claim it is an easier ride over distance. The SL weighs in at less than 2lbs. I think the L will weigh a little more because of the lugs but not as much as the C2C. I've also been looking at some Colnago's but they are like $1500-3000 more. Considering a Cervelo R3 as well.

Any thoughts on these models?

Thanks!