CG women's road race

in message <1hct9ff.1sxscqt1i7mzuqN%[email protected]>, Andrew
Templeman ('[email protected]') wrote:

> Tom Crispin <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:22:04 +0100, Simon Brooke
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >There was apparently a bad crash in the first lap, but I didn't see
>> >it.

>> http://tinyurl.com/m7wdq

> Rachel Heal crashed twice, and still went on to finish 5th in the same
> time as second place.

A thing which sobered me a bit - Emma Jones, who was doing most of the
work in the lead group for most of the race, broke her back at about the
same time I broke mine. I've back on the bike for six weeks now, but
there's no way I could ride 100Km at race pace.

;; all in all you're just another click in the call
;; -- Minke Bouyed

--
Andy Templeman <http://www.templeman.org.uk/>

Simon Brooke wrote:
> in message <1hct9ff.1sxscqt1i7mzuqN%[email protected]>, Andrew
> Templeman ('[email protected]') wrote:
>
> > Tom Crispin <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> http://tinyurl.com/m7wdq

> > Rachel Heal crashed twice, and still went on to finish 5th in the same
> > time as second place.

> A thing which sobered me a bit - Emma Jones, who was doing most of the
> work in the lead group for most of the race, broke her back at about the
> same time I broke mine. I've back on the bike for six weeks now, but
> there's no way I could ride 100Km at race pace.

But you couldn't before you broke your back, whereas she could...

And she has a much bigger support team.

...d

triddletree wrote:
> And anyway its only women's racing ;-) <ducks>

Only? A bunch of fit young women wearing Lycra and bending over their
handlebars seemed very watchable to me :)~

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>

in message <[email protected]>, David
Martin ('[email protected]') wrote:

> Simon Brooke wrote:
>>
>> A thing which sobered me a bit - Emma Jones, who was doing most of the
>> work in the lead group for most of the race, broke her back at about
>> the same time I broke mine. I've back on the bike for six weeks now,
>> but there's no way I could ride 100Km at race pace.

> But you couldn't before you broke your back, whereas she could...
>
> And she has a much bigger support team.

True, but it's still impressive.

; gif ye hes forget our auld plane Scottis quhilk your mother lerit you,
; in tymes cuming I sall wryte to you my mind in Latin, for I am nocht
; acquyntit with your Southeron
;; Letter frae Ninian Winyet tae John Knox datit 27t October 1563

>> If I manage to stay awake, most certainly. This is no reflection on
>> the cyclists, but is entirely due to my fatigue following a day of
>> chauffeuring the offspring to & from Kent for a time trial...

> Rudy Project?
> Where did he come and what time?
>
> I'll save me looking up CTT site where I expect it will be listed soon.

The result is now listed at:

http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/results.asp?Yr=2006&Mnth=03&ID=50773

tt