CH-Aero Wheel Covers - Any Alternatives ?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Amigo, May 29, 2004.

1. Amigo

Amigo New Member

Hello fellow cyclists,
    This is my first post at cyclingforums.com and it's regarding wheel covers. This is a cheaper alternative to buying a disc wheel.

I've searched around the net and was disappointed to only find CH-Aero wheel covers from www.excelsports.com . Here's the link to what I'm talking about, http://www.excelsports.com/new.asp?page=8&description=Wheel+Cover&vendorCode=CHAERO&major=1&minor=24

I only managed to find one product so far. But the shipping cost to Singapore is costly, Approx 60-75 usd. This is even more than the product itself. Therefore, I would appericiate if anyone could provide me with some alternatives to getting something similar over the net.

Anyone got this and is/are living in asian countries ?

Also, please tell me the approx dimensions of the box(especially the breadth) if anyone happen to buy this product from excelsports.com.

Tags:

2. Amigo

Amigo New Member

O well.... Help ? anyone ?

3. BikingBrian

BikingBrian New Member

Sorry, this is not really a reply but....you should know (perhaps you already do?) that wheel covers are considered "fairings" and are therefore not allowed in UCI events. If you don't plan on racing, then no problem. But if you want to race with a disc wheel (TTs only) you will need to buy a UCI-approved disc wheel.

4. Amigo

Amigo New Member

Oh im not using it for races, but I just wnana feel how much advantage I can get using a disc wheel.

I'm sure it would not perform what a disc wheel can, but I would roughy know how much time or energy I can save in having something aero-dynamic.

And sure they look cool = ) Aint using it for races tho..

Regards