Chaffing is no fun..

Discussion in 'Women's Cycling' started by AppleDeco, Aug 3, 2004.

1. AppleDeco

AppleDeco New Member

You guys were right..

You said it over and over again, but of course you never believe it until it actually happens. I rode 2 days in a row and since I didn't heal from the first day, I couldn't finish my lap. I'm going to buy some REAL shorts before the next time I go out.

Tags:

2. closesupport

closesupport Banned

nor is sitting on your nads, but yip! "probably a good idea" and if your a fella, get yourself something that doesn't allow your nads to drop down a leg. if they slip down a leg and you sit on them it hurts and can be potentially dangerous for the person riding behind you, as i found out on wednesday. Sorry ....!

I had no choice to stop pedaling the pain Ohhhh the pain. lol

3. Trekker2017

Trekker2017 New Member

You might also want to invest in some kind of chamois oil or lubricant to help stop the chaffing. I personally use Gerber Daiper Rash Ointment. (I kid you not.) I spread a layer on the chamois pad and I can ride for hours.

I'm sure everyone has their favorite chamois lube. Experiment to see which one works the best for you.

4. AppleDeco

AppleDeco New Member

Haha, not a guy (hence the women's forum), but it was a nice story, thanks!!

5. closesupport

closesupport Banned

no but seriously i have a similar chaffing thing on the inside of my groin i have to wear underwear (underpants to prevent the last happening) but when i ride i do get a similar rash (to the left and the right of my testes) but is usually due to the underwear rubbing when they get sweaty. although>.........'this is embarrassing since it hurts like hell and walking like a texan for the next few days is very uncomfortable.

but if i remove that area of hair, then it doesn't happen that often, i must stipulate that "no i don't shave i just remove that area of hair in the afected area". unless i feel the need to look more endowed since it is almost an instant 2 inch increase.

lol.....

6. Trekker2017

Trekker2017 New Member

I'm being perfectly serious about the diaper rash cream. Since I started using it, I've had no re-occurance of chaffing in my groin. Once when I was cycling across the country, in Vadalia, LA I had to pull off the road and camp out at a cheap motel for three days because of chafe.