Chafing

swimmersara said:
Wow, that chafing sounds painful. I haven't had that but have had some ingrown hair irritation (swimmers gotta keep that bikini line smooth!) and butt butter/chamois cream has helped a lot with that, I bet it will solve your chafing issue!

What I'm wondering is, anyone gotten an irritation more like a long lump rather than chafing? It has built up over a few months. At first I thought it was just the mythical "butt callous" but it doesn't feel rough like callouses on your hands. Sorry if I'm being an idiot. It's disconcerting,:( but for sure showed up as I've increased my weekly miles a lot this spring/summer. Thanks!
This is why I started making my own swimsuits - I can make the leg openings have as much coverage as I want. Why do swimsuit manufacturers only make suits with the high cut leg openings anyway?
What you have might be a build up of scar tissue to protect one area that's getting more pressure put on it. If you're leaning more on one side than the other, you might get it only on one side. Examine your bike fit. Riding with the saddle too high can cause a lot of pressure problems because you don't have anywhere to go if you hit a pothole or if one leg is longer than the other (which is really common.)

bicycledick said:
You could get crotchless underwear. Some women the way their labias are might cause a problem. Maybe you could apply some jelly if the problem is rubbing. What exactly is the area and what exactly is the problem? Is the problem the inner or outer labia or on the crease next to the outer labia? You women could have named specific parts we're all mature in here.

inner labias, and it's like a pea size. Its always the same spot ....now, this may be a stupid question but do you apply the cream to the shorts pad?