Chain for 03 Campy Chorus 10 speed

Phil Cox

Guest
I have been running SRAM with the Gold Link (Love em'), but this does not
seem to be an option on my new Chorus 10 spd. Anyone have other options for
such a serviceable chain?

Phil

Phil Cox wrote:
> I have been running SRAM with the Gold Link (Love em'), but this does not
> seem to be an option on my new Chorus 10 spd. Anyone have other options for
> such a serviceable chain?
>
> Phil

Well, your SRAM might work - it did with mine. However, the Wippermann
nickel-plate shifts much better up front (FSA 34-50 compact).

a campy chain with a 6.1mm quick link ( they are readily available).
tha's what I use.

charlie in ct.

Phil Cox said:
I have been running SRAM with the Gold Link (Love em'), but this does not
seem to be an option on my new Chorus 10 spd. Anyone have other options for
such a serviceable chain?

Phil
I use the Campy Record 10 Ultra Drive on my '03 Record 10spd, why would you want to use something else? Is the price that much more?

I use the Campy chain with the Wipperman 10sp link.
"Phil Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have been running SRAM with the Gold Link (Love em'), but this does not
> seem to be an option on my new Chorus 10 spd. Anyone have other options

for
> such a serviceable chain?
>
> Phil

phil-<< I have been running SRAM with the Gold Link (Love em'), but this does
not
seem to be an option on my new Chorus 10 spd. Anyone have other options for
such a serviceable chain? >><BR><BR>

Either Campagnolo with a Wipperman link or a Mavic/Wipperman that comes with a
link. $40 at yer local bike shop.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

"tomgaul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Phil Cox Wrote:
> > I have been running SRAM with the Gold Link (Love em'), but this does
> > not
> > seem to be an option on my new Chorus 10 spd. Anyone have other options
> > for
> > such a serviceable chain?
> >
> > Phil

> I use the Campy Record 10 Ultra Drive on my '03 Record 10spd, why would
> you want to use something else? Is the price that much more?

It is not as much the price as the maintenance. The Gold Link just was soo
easy to use. I didn't need a chain tool or anything to get it off an on. I
am unfamilari with say the "quick link" for a chorus chain, or a Whipperman
link. As a matter of fact, I don't even know what they look like. Cost is a
bit of an issue, but it ts the maintenance that I care most about. And
having to buy a $80 campy specific chain tool does not excite me.

Phil

phil-<< And
having to buy a $80 campy specific chain tool does not excite me. >><BR><BR>

It shouldn't. Tool not that expensive and not required.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302