Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

chain for older Campy equipment

Started by Neal · · Last activity · 4 posts · 635 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 June 2004
Last activity
27 June 2004
Original author
Neal
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
635
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I still ride with the older Campy Super record drivetrain and have depleted my
    supply of Regina chains. I understand that the Sram PC48 works with my setup.
    What about the PC 58 and PC 68? Are they the same size and hopefully higher in
    quality that the $9 PC 48? Any other high quality chain that would work?

    Thanks

    Neal

  2. Quoted message said:

    From: "Neal":

    Quoted message said:

    I still ride with the older Campy Super record drivetrain and have depleted
    my
    supply of Regina chains. I understand that the Sram PC48 works with my
    setup.
    What about the PC 58 and PC 68? Are they the same size and hopefully higher
    in
    quality that the $9 PC 48? Any other >high quality chain that would work?

    <http://harriscyclery.net/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=722&Catalog=39&sort=Price>

    Or: <http://tinyurl.com/yt4h4>

    I've used the 48, IMS. Cheap, when it gets dirty, scrap it and put on a new
    one. Or have one in the cleaning process (drying) with one being used on the
    bike, as has been seen here. Make that old stuff last longer. Lunch money.

    Memory may be faulty but Regina Oro might not have been a better chain than
    even the 48, which I've used a few of. --TP

  3. Tom Paterson said:
    Quoted message said:

    [...] Any other >high quality chain that would work?

    <http://harriscyclery.net/site/itemdetails.cfm?ID=722&Catalog=39&sort=Price>

    Or: <http://tinyurl.com/yt4h4>

    Or the Wipperman chains Sheldon has.

    Tom Ace

  4. neal-<< I still ride with the older Campy Super record drivetrain and have
    depleted my
    supply of Regina chains. I understand that the Sram PC48 works with my setup.
    What about the PC 58 and PC 68? >><BR><BR>

    Any '8s' chain will work with your setup. A PC-48 is the same 'quality' as
    those above it, just w/o plating, which does nothing for performance. I use a
    PC-48 on my 1985 C-Record gruppo.

    OBTW-I can still get Regina chains, a variety of them.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com
    "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.