Chain reaction - recycling bikes, changing lives

JM

Guest
Just saw this article about a former Trees for Life volunteer who is putting
his faith into action and helping provide bikes to those who need them. Very
cool program, goes along with his program that uses bikes and trailers for a
recyling business, providing jobs for people who really need it.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/app...060601/Lives05/606010480/-1/Lives/CAT=Lives05

If anyone were so moved to provide support for this program I could vouch
for the person who started it, Tom Benevento is one of the true saints out
there. I had the opportunity to travel with him in Guatemala. That trip
provided me with a clear sense of how to really help people beyond handouts,
meeting the people who had learned from him and were now teachers, folks who
gained a sense of purpose and self-worth.

See you on the road!

Jack Murphy

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 10:05:03 -0500, JM wrote:

> Just saw this article about a former Trees for Life volunteer who is putting
> his faith into action and helping provide bikes to those who need them. Very
> cool program, goes along with his program that uses bikes and trailers for a
> recyling business, providing jobs for people who really need it.
>
> http://www.southbendtribune.com/app...060601/Lives05/606010480/-1/Lives/CAT=Lives05
>
> If anyone were so moved to provide support for this program I could vouch
> for the person who started it, Tom Benevento is one of the true saints out
> there. I had the opportunity to travel with him in Guatemala. That trip
> provided me with a clear sense of how to really help people beyond handouts,
> meeting the people who had learned from him and were now teachers, folks who
> gained a sense of purpose and self-worth.
>
> See you on the road!
>
> Jack Murphy

Thanks for posting this Jack!

Larry Webber