Chain skip after coast

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Justdo, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Justdo

    Justdo Guest

    Had an unknown bike use for running errand and recently found the chain skipping at random when
    force is applied to the pedal after coasting. This happen in middle gears or when going up hill. I
    guess this is quite common but as a newbie I am not too sure what will be the best course of action.
    Care to advise? Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 10:49:29 +0800, justdo wrote:

    > Had an unknown bike use for running errand and recently found the chain skipping at random when
    > force is applied to the pedal after coasting. This happen in middle gears or when going up hill.

    You replaced the chain, right? Well, it was worn out, and wore out the cogs. Replace the freewheel
    or cassette, whichever it takes. Probably have to replace the chain again, too, unless you have only
    a few miles on
    it.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | When you are up to your ass in alligators, it's hard to remember _`\(,_ | that your initial
    objective was to drain the swamp. -- LBJ (_)/ (_) |