Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Chain sticking when I reverse pedal

Started by tomm · · Last activity · 2 posts · 972 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
19 October 2004
Last activity
19 October 2004
Original author
tomm
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
972
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I just put a new derailleur+cassette+chain on my bike. The shifting seems pretty smooth and doesn't skip/miss any gears, but I noticed that sometimes after I shift into a gear and then try to pedal in reverse, the chain will stick for a moment (it won't let me reverse pedal). But if I continue going forward after that, it will align itself and I then if I reverse pedal it is fine. Note, I am not trying to reverse pedal immediately after shifting just sometime after shifting.

    Perhaps this is nothing to worry about since reverse pedaling isn't very useful anyway but I am wondering if maybe I didn't get the B-screw adjustment right or if the chain length might be off or something. Besides, I just want to get everything right. Any ideas?

    thanks

  2. tomm said:

    I just put a new derailleur+cassette+chain on my bike. The shifting seems pretty smooth and doesn't skip/miss any gears, but I noticed that sometimes after I shift into a gear and then try to pedal in reverse, the chain will stick for a moment (it won't let me reverse pedal). But if I continue going forward after that, it will align itself and I then if I reverse pedal it is fine. Note, I am not trying to reverse pedal immediately after shifting just sometime after shifting.

    Perhaps this is nothing to worry about since reverse pedaling isn't very useful anyway but I am wondering if maybe I didn't get the B-screw adjustment right or if the chain length might be off or something. Besides, I just want to get everything right. Any ideas?

    thanks

    it takes some time until a new chain is moving smoothly, or maybe the link where you closed the chain is stuck, then you have to push on this link from both sides.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.