"Chain" Thread Search

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Roy Zipris, Aug 12, 2004.

  1. Roy Zipris

    Roy Zipris Guest

    Not long ago, there was a "chain" thread that included a post that
    linked to a photo of a Wippermann chain showing the correct
    orientation, as I recall. The idea was that some links, like the
    connex, had to be installed facing the proper direction. I've looked
    for that thread but can't find it. Would someone please steer me in
    the right direction, or provide the information/link anew? Thanks.
    --Roy Zipris

    Tags:

  2. "Roy Zipris" <[email protected]> wrote
    > Not long ago, there was a "chain" thread that included a post that
    > linked to a photo of a Wippermann chain showing the correct
    > orientation, as I recall. The idea was that some links, like the
    > connex, had to be installed facing the proper direction. I've looked
    > for that thread but can't find it. Would someone please steer me in
    > the right direction, or provide the information/link anew? Thanks.
    > --Roy Zipris

    Google groups has archives of most Usenet posts. Since you're posting
    from google groups, shouldn't you have known that? Anyhow, it's probably
    one of these threads:

    http://tinyurl.com/5z4hs

    -Brendon

  3. Roy Zipris wrote:

    > Not long ago, there was a "chain" thread that included a post that
    > linked to a photo of a Wippermann chain showing the correct
    > orientation, as I recall. The idea was that some links, like the
    > connex, had to be installed facing the proper direction. I've looked
    > for that thread but can't find it. Would someone please steer me in
    > the right direction, or provide the information/link anew? Thanks.

    If this is a 1/8" track/utility bike chain, the closed end of the master
    link goes towards the front (in the direction of travel of the chain).