Chainless Drive Shaft Bicycle Distributors

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gordon Muir, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Gordon Muir

    Gordon Muir Guest

    This is the company with a list of all the chainless drive shaft bicycle distributors around the
    world,i thought only AMIS in the USA sold these bikes.

    http://www.zerocycles.co.uk http://aurorabikes.co.uk http://www.chainlessbikecompany.co.uk
    http://www.chainless.com

    They only sell them with Aluminium wheels,i had to get steel wheels because the hard brake blocks
    were wearing through the soft alloy rims and spliting the rims within a few months,it was dangerous
    until i found out what the problem was,i wondered what the scraping sound was,it was the metal
    imbeded in the brake blokes shearing slowly day by day through the alloy rims,the alloy rims wear
    down the brake blocks to the imbeded metal very fast,since i got steel wheels its safer and the
    steel rims have never worn in over 2 years and the brake blocks have lasted almost 2 years instead
    of 2 months with alloy wheels,this was with constant daily use about 15 miles a day.

    Gordon Muir. [email protected]

    >They only sell them with Aluminium wheels,i had to get steel wheels because the hard brake blocks
    >were wearing through the soft alloy rims and spliting the rims within a few months,it was dangerous
    >until i found out what the problem was,i wondered what the scraping sound was,it was the metal
    >imbeded in the brake blokes shearing slowly day by day through the alloy rims,the alloy rims wear
    >down the brake blocks to the imbeded metal very fast,since i got steel wheels its safer and the
    >steel rims have never worn in over 2 years and the brake blocks have lasted almost 2 years instead
    >of 2 months with alloy wheels,this was with constant daily use about 15 miles a day.

    it would have been easier to get decent brake blocks instead. Steel rims provide markedly worse
    braking when wet, which is very dangerous.
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

  3. Rick Onanian

    Rick Onanian Guest

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:29:01 -0400, Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote:
    > it would have been easier to get decent brake blocks instead. Steel rims provide markedly worse
    > braking when wet, which is very dangerous.

    I don't think he was looking for advice. I think that was a spam. It certainly looked like one, with
    a cheap disguise as an incorrect legitimate message.

    Note that it was posted to: alt.religion.unification,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec-
    .bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc

    alt.regligion.unification? Nobody wanting/giving actual biking advice would post there, unless
    there's something I don't know about alt.religion newsgroups.

    --
    Rick Onanian

  4. John Rees

    John Rees Guest

    "Rick Onanian" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:29:01 -0400, Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> Note that it was posted to:

    alt.religion.unification,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicy
    cles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc

    > alt.regligion.unification? Nobody wanting/giving actual biking advice would post there, unless
    > there's something I don't know about alt.religion newsgroups.

    Maybe there is a grass roots effort to unify the long separated supporters of chained and chainless
    bicycles...

  5. > They only sell them with Aluminium wheels,i had to get steel wheels because the hard brake blocks
    > were wearing through the soft alloy rims and spliting the rims within a few months,it was
    > dangerous until i found out what the problem was,i wondered what the scraping sound was,it was the
    > metal imbeded in the brake blokes shearing slowly day by day through the alloy rims,the alloy rims
    > wear down the brake blocks to the imbeded metal very fast,since i got steel wheels its safer and
    > the steel rims have never worn in over 2 years and the brake blocks have lasted almost 2 years
    > instead of 2 months with alloy wheels,this was with constant daily use about 15 miles a day.

    ...and your steel wheels don't stop in the rain.

    Wheelsets you can replace.

    Riders--well, that's a little more difficult.

    -Luigi to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs...

  6. Bd4u

    Bd4u Guest

    On 6 Aug 2003 16:23:57 -0700, [email protected] (Luigi de Guzman) wrote:

    >...and your steel wheels don't stop in the rain.
    >
    >Wheelsets you can replace.
    >
    >Riders--well, that's a little more difficult.
    >
    >-Luigi to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs...

    hEY lUIGI,

    Do *you* know Cynthia?

    ;-)

    bd4u

  7. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 16:09:10 -0400, Rick Onanian <[email protected]> may have said:

    >On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:29:01 -0400, Alex Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> it would have been easier to get decent brake blocks instead. Steel rims provide markedly worse
    >> braking when wet, which is very dangerous.
    >
    >I don't think he was looking for advice. I think that was a spam. It certainly looked like one,
    >with a cheap disguise as an incorrect legitimate message.
    >
    >Note that it was posted to: alt.religion.unification,rec.bicycles.marketplace,rec.bicycles.tech,re-
    >c.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
    >
    >alt.regligion.unification? Nobody wanting/giving actual biking advice would post there, unless
    >there's something I don't know about alt.religion newsgroups.

    Well, given that the subject of chains (and chain lube and cleaning techniques) takes on the
    trappings of religious discussion at times...