Chainlube

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Per ElmsäTer, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet and muddy and how often do
    you clean it?

    --
    Perre

  2. "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.triflowlubricants.com
    >
    > "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > > What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet
    and
    > > muddy and how often do you clean it?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Perre
    > >
    > > You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.

    Come on Dean, you know it doesn't get wet and muddy here in Laguna. Not often anyway. Dude, we have
    to ride together sometime, where do you live? I'm up on Bluebird.

    Back on topic, TriFlow for me as well.

    cg

  3. The corner of PCH and Ledriot two blocks North of the Stop and Go. Just got back from a quick spin
    around El Moro and got to get to work....later. And yes lets hook up.

    Dean

    "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://www.triflowlubricants.com
    > >
    > > "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:p[email protected]...
    > > > What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet
    > and
    > > > muddy and how often do you clean it?
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Perre
    > > >
    > > > You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.
    > > >

    > Come on Dean, you know it doesn't get wet and muddy here in Laguna. Not often anyway. Dude, we
    > have to ride together sometime, where do you live? I'm up on Bluebird.
    >
    > Back on topic, TriFlow for me as well.
    >
    > cg

  4. Reco Diver

    Reco Diver Guest

  5. >stylish to provide links without explanation.

    >http://www.stihlusa.com/accessories/barchainoil.html

    Really? I've thought about trying it, but when I looked at how much gunk accumulates on my saw when
    I'm cutting I decided against it.

    What kind of conidtions are you riding in?

    -Andrew "partial to Prolink but willing to entertain cheaper substances" Thorne

  6. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:43:27 GMT, "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet and muddy and how often do
    >you clean it?

    prolink, clean by wipe with damp cloth.

    Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and on the
    trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

  7. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    [email protected] (Andrew Thorne) had this to say
    news:[email protected]

    >>stylish to provide links without explanation.
    >>
    >>http://www.stihlusa.com/accessories/barchainoil.html

    > Really? I've thought about trying it, but when I looked at how much gunk accumulates on my saw
    > when I'm cutting I decided against it.
    >
    > What kind of conidtions are you riding in?
    >
    > -Andrew "partial to Prolink but willing to entertain cheaper substances" Thorne

    I used this all last year...might have been a contributing factor to my chain failing as well. But I
    can't say for sure.

    Dave (jew like tendencies)

  8. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Reco Diver" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet
    and
    > > muddy and how often do you clean it?
    >
    > Since it is beginning to become stylish to provide links without
    explanation.

    > http://www.stihlusa.com/accessories/barchainoil.html

    Except you're supposed to top-post the bare link, so the reader completely misses it until scrolling
    down and saying "so wtf did they add?!?" and then scrolling back up.

    Bill "HTH" S.

  9. Jack

    Jack Guest

    > On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:43:27 GMT, "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet
    and
    > >muddy and how often do you clean it?
    >

    > prolink, clean by wipe with damp cloth.
    >
    > Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and on the
    > trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

    I like Prolink for dry conditions. It drys to quickly when wet or muddy. I like Maxima for wet and
    muddy. It's cosmoline based so it last's a long time.

    http://www.maximausa.com/products/chainlubes/chainwax.asp