Chainlube

Per ElmsäTer

Guest
What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet and muddy and how often do
you clean it?

--
Perre

"Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:3U4vb.26818$Ro5.2385@fed1read07...
> http://www.triflowlubricants.com
>
> "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet
and
> > muddy and how often do you clean it?
> >
> > --
> > Perre
> >
> > You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.

Come on Dean, you know it doesn't get wet and muddy here in Laguna. Not often anyway. Dude, we have
to ride together sometime, where do you live? I'm up on Bluebird.

Back on topic, TriFlow for me as well.

cg

The corner of PCH and Ledriot two blocks North of the Stop and Go. Just got back from a quick spin
around El Moro and got to get to work....later. And yes lets hook up.

Dean

"Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > http://www.triflowlubricants.com
> >
> > "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:p[email protected]...
> > > What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet
> and
> > > muddy and how often do you clean it?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Perre
> > >
> > > You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.
> > >

> Come on Dean, you know it doesn't get wet and muddy here in Laguna. Not often anyway. Dude, we
> have to ride together sometime, where do you live? I'm up on Bluebird.
>
> Back on topic, TriFlow for me as well.
>
> cg

>stylish to provide links without explanation.
>
>http://www.stihlusa.com/accessories/barchainoil.html

Really? I've thought about trying it, but when I looked at how much gunk accumulates on my saw when
I'm cutting I decided against it.

What kind of conidtions are you riding in?

-Andrew "partial to Prolink but willing to entertain cheaper substances" Thorne

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:43:27 GMT, "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote:

>What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet and muddy and how often do
>you clean it?

prolink, clean by wipe with damp cloth.

Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and on the
trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

[email protected] (Andrew Thorne) had this to say
news:[email protected]

>>stylish to provide links without explanation.
>>
>>http://www.stihlusa.com/accessories/barchainoil.html

> Really? I've thought about trying it, but when I looked at how much gunk accumulates on my saw
> when I'm cutting I decided against it.
>
> What kind of conidtions are you riding in?
>
> -Andrew "partial to Prolink but willing to entertain cheaper substances" Thorne

I used this all last year...might have been a contributing factor to my chain failing as well. But I
can't say for sure.

Dave (jew like tendencies)

"Reco Diver" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet
and
> > muddy and how often do you clean it?
>
> Since it is beginning to become stylish to provide links without
explanation.

> http://www.stihlusa.com/accessories/barchainoil.html

Except you're supposed to top-post the bare link, so the reader completely misses it until scrolling
down and saying "so wtf did they add?!?" and then scrolling back up.

Bill "HTH" S.

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:43:27 GMT, "Per Elmsäter" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >What do you all use to lube your chains with now that it's getting wet
and
> >muddy and how often do you clean it?
>

> prolink, clean by wipe with damp cloth.
>
> Bill ...one speed to rule them all, one speed to find them, one speed to bring them all and on the
> trails pass them In the Land of Avalon where the geared pigs lie...

I like Prolink for dry conditions. It drys to quickly when wet or muddy. I like Maxima for wet and
muddy. It's cosmoline based so it last's a long time.

http://www.maximausa.com/products/chainlubes/chainwax.asp