Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Chainring for Exage 500 LX

Started by Jesper Brondum · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,338 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
13 October 2004
Last activity
16 October 2004
Original author
Jesper Brondum
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,338
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi

    I'm not sure what chain ring (SG C-36) to use for my old 7-speed Exage 500 LX.

    It has 5 bolts and the bolt hole circle diameter seem's to bee 105mm.

    I can't find it in TA's list of chainrings, or do they measure in another way.

    --
    // Jesper Bröndum
    // [email hidden]

  2. On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:12:34 +0200, [email hidden] (Jesper Brondum)

    Quoted message said:


    Hi

    I'm not sure what chain ring (SG C-36) to use for my old 7-speed Exage 500 LX.

    It has 5 bolts and the bolt hole circle diameter seem's to bee 105mm.

    I can't find it in TA's list of chainrings, or do they measure in another way.

    The Exage 300 cranks I picked up for free have a 110mm BCD. Measured
    from center of one bolt to another, that's 64.5 or so. I don't know if
    yur model is similar, but oyu can probably figure it out form this-

    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html#bcd

  3. [email hidden] (Jesper Brondum) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi

    I'm not sure what chain ring (SG C-36) to use for my old 7-speed Exage 500 LX.
    It has 5 bolts and the bolt hole circle diameter seem's to bee 105mm.
    I can't find it in TA's list of chainrings, or do they measure in another way.

    Exage Superglide (SG) chainrings are 110mm bolt circle diameter. Any
    110 BCD chainring will fit.

    Jeff

  4. [email hidden] (Jeff Wills) wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Exage Superglide (SG) chainrings are 110mm bolt circle diameter. Any
    110 BCD chainring will fit.

    Does this mean that my old Exage 500 LX cranks can get a new burst of life
    as a 'compact triple' for roadies?

    --
    to email me, run my email address through /usr/bin/caesar
    (or rotate by -4)

  5. qtq <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] (Jeff Wills) wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Exage Superglide (SG) chainrings are 110mm bolt circle diameter. Any
    110 BCD chainring will fit.

    Does this mean that my old Exage 500 LX cranks can get a new burst of life
    as a 'compact triple' for roadies?

    Yes, absolutely. I expect starving roadies will be raiding old bike
    shops for cheap cranks any day now.

    Jeff

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.