Chainring for Exage 500 LX

Jesper Brondum

Guest
Hi

I'm not sure what chain ring (SG C-36) to use for my old 7-speed Exage 500 LX.

It has 5 bolts and the bolt hole circle diameter seem's to bee 105mm.

I can't find it in TA's list of chainrings, or do they measure in another way.

--
// Jesper Bröndum
// [email protected]

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:12:34 +0200, [email protected] (Jesper Brondum)
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm not sure what chain ring (SG C-36) to use for my old 7-speed Exage 500 LX.
>
>It has 5 bolts and the bolt hole circle diameter seem's to bee 105mm.
>
>I can't find it in TA's list of chainrings, or do they measure in another way.

The Exage 300 cranks I picked up for free have a 110mm BCD. Measured
from center of one bolt to another, that's 64.5 or so. I don't know if
yur model is similar, but oyu can probably figure it out form this-

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html#bcd

[email protected] (Jesper Brondum) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi
>
> I'm not sure what chain ring (SG C-36) to use for my old 7-speed Exage 500 LX.
> It has 5 bolts and the bolt hole circle diameter seem's to bee 105mm.
> I can't find it in TA's list of chainrings, or do they measure in another way.

Exage Superglide (SG) chainrings are 110mm bolt circle diameter. Any
110 BCD chainring will fit.

Jeff

[email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in
news:[email protected]:
> Exage Superglide (SG) chainrings are 110mm bolt circle diameter. Any
> 110 BCD chainring will fit.

Does this mean that my old Exage 500 LX cranks can get a new burst of life
as a 'compact triple' for roadies?

--
to email me, run my email address through /usr/bin/caesar
(or rotate by -4)

qtq <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
> > Exage Superglide (SG) chainrings are 110mm bolt circle diameter. Any
> > 110 BCD chainring will fit.

> Does this mean that my old Exage 500 LX cranks can get a new burst of life
> as a 'compact triple' for roadies?

Yes, absolutely. I expect starving roadies will be raiding old bike
shops for cheap cranks any day now.

Jeff