Chainring nut tool for Campy cranks?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kovie, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kovie

Kovie Guest

Just got a new set of Centaur 10s triples and found out that the Park tool (all of $3.25) isn't
    compatible with these rings. It's slightly too big for them. Any idea which tool is compatible, and
    where to get it?

--
    Kovie [email protected]

Tags:

2. kovie-<< Just got a new set of Centaur 10s triples and found out that the Park tool (all of $3.25)
    isn't compatible with these rings. It's slightly too big for them. Any idea which tool is
    compatible, and where to get it? >><BR><BR>

Campagnolo chainring nut holder-we have them for $9 plus a wee bit of shipping-

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

3. "Kovie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]_s51>...
    > Just got a new set of Centaur 10s triples and found out that the Park tool (all of $3.25) isn't
    > compatible with these rings. It's slightly too big for them. Any idea which tool is compatible,
    > and where to get it?

Take a file to the Park. Mine fits beautifully now. This does affect the shiny plating on the Park;
    just don't leave it out in the rain.

Mark

4. Ant

Ant Guest

"Kovie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]_s51>...
    > Just got a new set of Centaur 10s triples and found out that the Park tool (all of $3.25) isn't
    > compatible with these rings. It's slightly too big for them. Any idea which tool is compatible,
    > and where to get it?

i dont know exactly what the campy nuts are like, but i do remember having some unnamed chainring
    nuts (whats the right word for these?) in a situation where i had to file just a little bit off the
    outsides of the park/shimano tool to make it work. it was a long time ago, and i dont know campy, so
    this might not be applicable, but i thjoguht id mention it.

or was it to fit into an extracting crank bolt? aw heck, i cant remember any more.

anthony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.