Chainset compatibility - Shimano and Campag

Bow

Guest
Sorry if this is a dumb question but:

Can I interchange Campag chainsets with Shimano? The reason I ask is that
the FSA site does not specifically mention Campag or Shimano compatible
cranks but claim all their products will work on either, but Ebay has some
listings that say "FSA-Campy" or "FSA-Shimano".

Are the 9-10 speed Campag chains the same as 10 speed Shimano? Is this a
marketing ploy or is there really a difference?

bow-<< Can I interchange Campag chainsets with Shimano? The reason I ask is
that
the FSA site does not specifically mention Campag or Shimano compatible
cranks but claim all their products will work on either, >><BR><BR>

Yes and the chains for Campagnolo and DA 10s are indeed different with the
shimano being thinner..but you can use any FSA crank with DA or Campagnolo...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

I wonder if the FSA Campagnolo is 135 BCD and the FSA Shimano is 130 BCD?

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> bow-<< Can I interchange Campag chainsets with Shimano? The reason I ask
> is
> that
> the FSA site does not specifically mention Campag or Shimano compatible
> cranks but claim all their products will work on either, >><BR><BR>
>
> Yes and the chains for Campagnolo and DA 10s are indeed different with the
> shimano being thinner..but you can use any FSA crank with DA or
> Campagnolo...
>
> Peter Chisholm
> Vecchio's Bicicletteria
> 1833 Pearl St.
> Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535
> http://www.vecchios.com
> "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thanks very much - you're a legend

Bow