chainstay

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Guess Who, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Guess Who

    Guess Who Guest

    Please don't flame me too badly.

    What exactly is the "chainstay"?

    Tags:

  2. The chainstay's are the tubes that run from the botom braket to the rear dropouts. the chain runs
    along the drive side chainstay (yup, thats why its called the CHAINstay) from the cogset to the
    chainrings.

    "guess who" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Please don't flame me too badly.
    >
    > What exactly is the "chainstay"?

  3. Jay Hill

    Jay Hill Guest

  4. Guess Who

    Guess Who Guest

    Gotcha! Thanks!

    "slartibartfast" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > The chainstay's are the tubes that run from the botom braket to the rear dropouts. the chain runs
    > along the drive side chainstay (yup, thats why
    its
    > called the CHAINstay) from the cogset to the chainrings.
    >
    > "guess who" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Please don't flame me too badly.
    > >
    > > What exactly is the "chainstay"?

  5. "guess who" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Please don't flame me too badly.

    OK.

    > What exactly is the "chainstay"?

    Goddamm. You are a moron.

    Go to:

    rec.bicycles.tech

    they will answer your question and maybe even like you.

  6. rbr ain't what it used to be.............

    Mark VandenBerghe

    "guess who" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Please don't flame me too badly.
    >
    > What exactly is the "chainstay"?

  7. Guess Who

    Guess Who Guest

    "Jay Hill" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > guess who wrote:
    > > Please don't flame me too badly.
    > >
    > > What exactly is the "chainstay"?
    >
    > http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_ca-m.html#chainstay
    >
    > --
    > A. Top posters
    > Q. What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

    Thanks Jay

    I don't know the tradition here about top or bottom posting. I've only been here since about halfway
    thru the tour, and seen both, in about equal numbers. I didn't see anything about it on the FAQ.

  8. > they will answer your question and maybe even like you.

    Is it a requirement? Odds are not many in here think very fondly of you.

  9. Guess Who

    Guess Who Guest

    > "guess who" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Please don't flame me too badly.
    >

    > OK.
    >

    > > What exactly is the "chainstay"?
    >

    > Goddamm. You are a moron.
    >

    > Go to:
    >
    > rec.bicycles.tech
    >

    > they will answer your question and maybe even like you.

    There was actually a reason to post it here because it made a difference on Lance's bike. Kurgan you
    can take a hike!

  10. Marty

    Marty Guest

    "guess who" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Please don't flame me too badly.
    >
    > What exactly is the "chainstay"?

    It's what you see the riders throwing to the side of the road once their chain stay is filled with
    pee that has gotten to warm to drink.
    --
    Marty

  11. "Robert Oliver" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > they will answer your question and maybe even like you.
    >
    > Is it a requirement? Odds are not many in here think very fondly of you.

    Goddamm, you are a moron.

    That is my goal here, to be popular and make friends. dumbass.

  12. "guess who" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > There was actually a reason to post it here because it made a difference
    on
    > Lance's bike. Kurgan you can take a hike!

    Goddamm.

    You are a moron.

    K. Gringioni

    ps. what is a seatstay?

  13. > What exactly is the "chainstay"?

    email Bob Roll at OLN.

  14. Doug Taylor

    Doug Taylor Guest

    "Mark VandenBerghe" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >rbr ain't what it used to be.............

    But it will revert back on 7/28/03, until it undergoes another assault next July. --dt

  15. Andy Coggan

    Andy Coggan Guest

  16. Precious Pup

    Precious Pup Guest

    Robert Oliver wrote:

    > > they will answer your question and maybe even like you.
    >
    > Is it a requirement? Odds are not many in here think very fondly of you.

    I'm kicking his ass this weekend if he has the guts to show up in El Cajon. I can't kick his ass
    during the week because I have a brain dead corporate job.

  17. Precious Pup

    Precious Pup Guest

    Andy Coggan wrote:

    > "Doug Taylor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:d7k0ivo6[email protected]...
    > > "Mark VandenBerghe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >rbr ain't what it used to be.............
    > >
    > > But it will revert back on 7/28/03
    >
    > Praise be to Allah for small favors.

    Who gives a shit if folks just show up for July? Is it supposedly a "waste of bandwidth" or some
    other bullshit like that?

  18. Along with the team mechanics, each team has a witch doctor who does a dance around each bike before
    every day's stage. This is a sercretive ritual involving chicken blood, body hair shaved from the
    team leader's legs, and WD-40. The purpose of this dance is to ensure that the chain on the bike
    stays on the sprockets during the race. Over the years, this witch doctor became known as the
    "chainstay" because he or she would dance around the bike shouting "CHAIN..... STAY...."

    Thanks for asking. -Bobke

  19. Karen M.

    Karen M. Guest

    Pissant wrote:
    > Please don't flame me too badly.
    >
    > What exactly is the "chainstay"?

    It's the lower of the four small frame tubes that hold the rear wheel in place. Horizontal, or
    nearly so, goes from bottom bracket to the rear dropout. The other tubes are called seat stays.
    Used in a sentence: Armstrong's bike had a damaged chainstay. HTH --Karen M.

  20. Guess Who

    Guess Who Guest

    "Karen M." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Pissant wrote:
    > > Please don't flame me too badly.
    > >
    > > What exactly is the "chainstay"?
    >
    > It's the lower of the four small frame tubes that hold the rear wheel in place. Horizontal, or
    > nearly so, goes from bottom bracket to the rear dropout. The other tubes are called seat stays.
    > Used in a sentence: Armstrong's bike had a damaged chainstay. HTH --Karen M.

    Thanks, good description.!